Even new members can post pictures

Discussions about the forum. How to expand and enhance it.

Postby RetireeJay » 2014-Mar-Sun-15-Mar

Sometimes a picture is worth more than 1000 words. Many people starting out on this forum are frustrated because they can't link to photos stored elsewhere on the web.

But the good news is, you can post pictures directly on this forum. Click on the "Upload attachment" tab below the editing screen, and "Browse" on your own computer to find the photo you want to display. Click "Add the File" and then position the cursor in your text box where you want the picture to be and click "Place Inline"

Browse Button.PNG

Browse-PlaceInline.PNG

By the way, notice that there is a Wiki associated with the Printrbottalk forum. Click on this button in the upper right of the home screen.

WikiButton.PNG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Even new members can post pictures

Postby greenb » 2014-Apr-Thu-20-Apr

Once new members no longer get the "too spammy" warning for posting off-site URL's, you can use this method to upload images. I tend to use the "Full Editor" instead of the "Quick Reply". You can switch to the Full Editor by clicking the "Full Editor" button, this is located next to the "submit" button towards the bottom of the text box.

For inserting images, I use imgur and insert the "Direct Link (email & IM)" address in the Img box.

The img box will display something like this when clicked on

Now put the image address in the box like this. If you are unsure if your image will display or not, click the "Preview" button. Your post will generate and you can visually see how your post would look without submitting.

Here is what my preview looks like, notice that I can keep editing my message at the bottom.

Printrbot Simple born 4/19/2014
Printrbot Simple Z axis stabilizer, thing:313129, 5/9/2014
Maker’s Upgrade Kit 6/21/2014
greenb
Solid infill...

Re: PLA vapor smoothing

Postby RetireeJay » 2014-May-Tue-16-May

printedsolid wrote: I do have pics on the blog, but it won't let me post it as a new member.

Yes, you can. The referenced post below is actually in "Forum Talk" but I've put "sticky" links to it in both Newbie Hardware and Newbie Software sub-forums.

Please help me: how could we have made this blindingly obvious to you so that you would not have made the mistake of believing you can't post pictures? I really want to help newbies understand that they can post pictures. How can we do it successfully?

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6988

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Return to Forum talk