Names

Discussions about the forum. How to expand and enhance it.

Names

Postby 508Parkour » 2013-May-Wed-19-May

You should be able to change your username. Very simple change. Personally, I don't want to be 508Parkour anymore, but I don't want to restart and delete all of my posts.

508Parkour
I'm an end stop.

Names

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Names

Postby plexus » 2013-May-Wed-22-May

User names are not user-changable. this makes people accountable for their posts which is an important aspect of providing value to the larger community. anyone considering registering on this forum should pick a username they are serious about. this forum is very liberal compared to many other forums out there but one important thing we want to maintain as much as possible is usefulness and value. there are not many forums that allow users to change their usernames.

plexus
Site Admin

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2013-May-Fri-12-May

I agree with you very much Plexus. I spend a lot of time trying to help out users as much as possible and cherish every +1 point I get. Otherwise users can just use and abuse. After all that just change their names. Good work with the site Plexus as well as all the other moderators. I give you all +1!!

Twitter: @REPRAPSQUAD
Check it out: Build logs, 3D printer news and all things Printrbot--http://reprapsquad.wordpress.com
PC Case Mods 3D printed:
http://www.enviousmods.com

RepRap Squad's The 1st Simple (XL)
* Custom built that towers over the LC

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
*Dual extruder PB Version (2-Ubis 1.75mm hotends)
*Heavily Modded and all axis extended
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Postby drawcut » 2013-May-Fri-17-May

I totally agree with Plexus and Reprap on this. Changing names should be a big deal and rarely done. I have seen user names changed by the mods on other forums only in extraordinary circumstances.

Printrbot original. Major mods: Y axis extended to ~8", Z extended to ~8.5". 5mm SS Z threaded rods w/ flex couplings. E3D hotend. Purchased Acetel gears. Glass bed with Elmers' purple glue stick for most prints. Top of Z axis rods have added cross structure similar to a Prusia i3.
drawcut
ACME leadscrew

Postby 508Parkour » 2013-May-Sat-09-May

If you look at it that way, I can definetly see a point.

508Parkour
I'm an end stop.

Return to Forum talk