Email Registration Not Working?

Discussions about the forum. How to expand and enhance it.

Postby duk2422 » 2012-Aug-Sat-05-Aug

I tried to sign up to this forum with a few different email addresses and it wouldn't let me, in the end I used an old gmail account for it to let me on.

Is there restrictions about allowing emails to sign up?

The domains I tried were duklabs.com and my work catholic.edu.au address...

Thanks,

Ducky

duk2422
Loading filament...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Email Registration Not Working?

Postby plexus » 2012-Aug-Sat-11-Aug

what error did you get? there are no specific domains that where manually blocked but its possible phpbb has some kind of automatically configured blocking.

plexus
Site Admin

Postby duk2422 » 2012-Aug-Sat-17-Aug

plexus wrote:what error did you get? there are no specific domains that where manually blocked but its possible phpbb has some kind of automatically configured blocking.

None, the emails just never turned up. It said it had sent the email off too (I even tried the resend activation email thing, still nothing).
The duklabs.com one is a redirected email that goes to a gmail account (the same gmail account that when used directly works).

The other issue was trying to get in contact with you so I could get my account activated :P I just couldn't find any sort of contact for you other than this forum anywhere D: (though if I did find it, it would be kind of creepy in a stalkerish way).

I'm just hoping that no one else is having the same problem..

Thanks,

Ducky

duk2422
Loading filament...

Postby jamblor47 » 2013-Sep-Mon-19-Sep

Just had a similar problem trying to register for the forums using a hotmail account.

No activation email was sent. Waited a few hours, resent the activation email, nothing. Said to contact an admin but the only way to do that is by logging in to the forum...

Any who, here now :)

jamblor47
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby Porter » 2013-Oct-Mon-20-Oct

Just some feedback, I also had a similar issue. I registered on a Friday and it said there would be an activation email sent, which I never received (email was to my own domain). On Monday, I tried signing in and it said that I hadn't been activated and gave me the option to resend the activation email. As soon as I clicked on the resend, I received an email and was able to access the forum after that.

Daniel

Porter
Levelling print bed...

Postby runcible-jack » 2013-Dec-Sun-16-Dec

I got tired of waiting for somebody to respond and or fix this problem and just used another e-mail address. I tried to file a problem a week ago and I get that they are busy, but if people cannot get access to the community to ask for help in solving their own problems for over a week because some glitch refuses to send e-mails to confirm then somebody should change forum protocols to allow guest responses to posts and open a topic for them to reply to in order to get help in resolving these things.

otherwise it starts to look like "got your money, don't care". Which I don't think is how people here actually feel and would be a shame if that's the message they inadvertantly send.

runcible-jack

Postby RetireeJay » 2013-Dec-Sun-16-Dec

"got your money, don't care"
The Printrbottalk forum is staffed by volunteers who like to help people. PBHQ does not run it.

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Postby plexus » 2013-Dec-Tue-21-Dec

runcible-jack wrote:I got tired of waiting for somebody to respond and or fix this problem and just used another e-mail address. I tried to file a problem a week ago and I get that they are busy, but if people cannot get access to the community to ask for help in solving their own problems for over a week because some glitch refuses to send e-mails to confirm then somebody should change forum protocols to allow guest responses to posts and open a topic for them to reply to in order to get help in resolving these things.

otherwise it starts to look like "got your money, don't care". Which I don't think is how people here actually feel and would be a shame if that's the message they inadvertantly send.

I don't have anyone's money. but if you want to send me some...

plexus
Site Admin

Postby Corey Warren » 2014-Feb-Wed-14-Feb

I just had the same issue with two different hotmail accounts. I never received the email notification. I had to use a gmail account. I would love to edit my email address as I hardly ever use this one, but, it won't let me telling me that email address is already in use. Is there a way to delete my old attempts at registering? I would list my email addresses but, it considers there off-site URLs and its "too spamy for a new user."

Corey Warren
Waiting for printbed temp...

Postby copshop » 2014-Apr-Tue-19-Apr

Me too ! I had two failed registrations using comcast accounts. Never got the authentication email. Tried to resend - nothing. I am currently logged in through my work email system, which I can not keep using.
Could an admin PLEASE check my preferred account and authenticate it or see why it wont send to:
User: mcdeal
If you need more info, let me know.....
Thanks

Waiting on the UPS truck . . . .
copshop

Postby kuntalghosh » 2014-Apr-Thu-11-Apr

I able to signup with my gmail id. I don't faced any problems

kuntalghosh

Postby altan86 » 2014-Apr-Tue-04-Apr

Hey everyone, just registered today with my gmail account. I tried my hotmail email earlier but I also did not received the activation email.

This seems to be some sort of recurring problem with hotmail account. So for new users unable to login or received the activation email, try using your google email instead.

altan86

Return to Forum talk