[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - My Mini Factory - 3D file sharing platform - feedback?

My Mini Factory - 3D file sharing platform - feedback?

Discuss and document interesting online resources like projects, blogs, articles, data sheets, product info, shops, etc. an online repository of Printrbot related of interest info

Postby EvaMMF » 2013-Oct-Thu-12-Oct

Hey,

Just wondering if any of you guys would be up for doing some testing and feedback for ?

I'm the community manager and test print all the user-uploaded designs. The idea is that we only have files available that are 100% assured printable. The website is still in infancy (it launched in July this year), so am really open to ideas and suggestions for how to improve things. User profiles etc are definitely on the way, and hopefully soon will be launching a POD service where those with printers (such as yourselves) can print designs for those without. However, the main focus currently is to get a much larger quantity of decent designs up on the site, and people downloading them :)

Feedback on how the prints turn out using printrbots would be great!

EvaMMF
Levelling print bed...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: My Mini Factory - 3D file sharing platform - feedback?

Postby Lemm » 2013-Oct-Thu-13-Oct

hey what's the main advantage over thingiverse? I mean you can't guarantee 100% printability when you become bigger and the number of printertypes raises.

Printrbot Jr #11045
ACME TR10x2 Z Rod
GT2 Timing Belt with 20T aluminum pulleys
Octoprint + Raspberry Pi Wireless Printer Server
Printrbot Jr v1 -> v2 upgrade
http://www.thingiverse.com/Lemm
Lemm
ACME leadscrew

Postby hugerobots » 2013-Oct-Thu-15-Oct

hugerobots
Waiting for printbed temp...

Postby Lemm » 2013-Oct-Thu-15-Oct

Printrbot Jr #11045
ACME TR10x2 Z Rod
GT2 Timing Belt with 20T aluminum pulleys
Octoprint + Raspberry Pi Wireless Printer Server
Printrbot Jr v1 -> v2 upgrade
http://www.thingiverse.com/Lemm
Lemm
ACME leadscrew

Postby EvaMMF » 2013-Oct-Fri-04-Oct

Hugerobots -

Thanks for the design feedback. I'm keeping track of all advice and suggestions, so when I speak to the web-design guys these things will be discussed for sure!

In terms of how to deal with an increase in object uploads and processing, this is a hurdle to be jumped when it approaches (famous last words ;) ) But perhaps getting more printers to test with, or outsourcing some test printing to the community are both possibilities.

Have you taken a look at any of the objects?

EvaMMF
Levelling print bed...

Postby Nickies08 » 2013-Oct-Fri-11-Oct

I think a basic solution to handling an influx of new models is the "report model" option. If you do receive more files than you can review, this would allow the end users to assist you. By submitting a report stating the file did not work for them which includes the software they are using, most issues can be resolved. My main issue with thingiverse is that faulty files are never removed or corrected. If you cover those two problems and allow for users to discover if model problems are due to a specific software then you are golden.

Printrbot Plus V2.0
Aluminum bearing blocks
Aluminum Build Plate
Robotdigg custom Nema 17 motors with 500mm T8*8 Acme Rods on Z-axis (19" of print height)
Wire extensions to accommodate extra build height
GT2 Belts and Pulleys
Nickies08
Solid infill...

Postby EvaMMF » 2013-Oct-Tue-09-Oct

EvaMMF
Levelling print bed...

Postby MSEIF » 2013-Oct-Mon-14-Oct

Last edited by MSEIF on 2013-Nov-Fri-06-Nov, edited 1 time in total.
Best Web Design Service in Norwich, UK
MSEIF
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby EvaMMF » 2013-Oct-Tue-14-Oct

We already have people for the web stuff.

EvaMMF
Levelling print bed...

Postby MSEIF » 2013-Oct-Sat-14-Oct

I understand. But if you need, anytime contact me. Thanks!

Best Web Design Service in Norwich, UK
MSEIF
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby Mooselake » 2013-Oct-Sat-22-Oct

I didn't know there were any Printrbots in Bangladesh.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby EvaMMF » 2014-Jan-Thu-09-Jan

We have just launched a design contest if any of your are interested -

:D

EvaMMF
Levelling print bed...

Return to Online resources