[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Flexible PLA

Flexible PLA

Discuss and document interesting online resources like projects, blogs, articles, data sheets, product info, shops, etc. an online repository of Printrbot related of interest info

Flexible PLA

Postby Dave A » 2013-Apr-Wed-14-Apr

I haven't tried it yet (it just came on the market this week) but Formfutura started to sell a new flexible PLA. It looks like an interisting material to print. I've bought normal PLA from them and are quite pleased with the quality. It's a Dutch company (looks like I'm promoting my country again? ;) )

Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something.
Morihei Ueshiba
Dave A
Loading filament...

Flexible PLA

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Flexible PLA

Postby DonaldJ » 2013-Apr-Wed-14-Apr

This is a different company, but it's elastic filament. Link has embedded video.

http://www.buildlog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2025

DonaldJ
Support material...

Postby 3dmm » 2013-Apr-Mon-09-Apr

Curious if anyone has tried the Formfutura flexible PLA yet. Very tempted to buy, but would like some positive feedback before I spend the $47 to ship to the U.S.

3dmm
Levelling print bed...

Postby halley » 2013-Apr-Mon-10-Apr

halley
ACME leadscrew

Postby Formfutura » 2013-Apr-Mon-23-Apr

Hi Halley,

I'm Rien from Formfutura, I just saw your question in regards to the VAT and couldn't resist to answer. EU law states that we only have to charge VAT to people ordering from within the EU. If you order from the US (or any other country outside the EU), the VAT will automatically drop off during checkout (when you select the shipping country) on our website.

Shipping to the US is however still pretty expensive. We can send up to 5 Kg for 36.10 Eur.

For your information: a spool of our Flex EcoPLA (0.5Kg printing material) weighs around 1Kg including packaging.

Hope I've answered your question.

Formfutura
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby AlexC » 2013-Jun-Fri-15-Jun

Just got a spool of the Flex EcoPLA,. came here to seach for tips but nothing,. first thought I am having is that its awfully bendy, I am a little concerned that the 1.75m i got will bend back on its self a bit just after the hobbed bolt in the long and slightly over sides channel between the bolt and the hot end melting chamber, but going to give it a try here soonish after i give it a bit more thought.

AlexC - Printbot LC v2, TazBot, Phoenix 1, & Prusa i3
Currently building a Kossel.

AlexC
Waiting for printbed temp...

Postby Michael@Oz » 2013-Aug-Sat-20-Aug

I just tried EcoPLA Flex (3mm).

I got asmall print to stick on green tape (ran out of blue).

But since then I cannot get it to stick, tried lots of things.

Anyone found the killer sticking solution?

Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Return to Online resources