[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Resurection and cool Kickstarter project (Moedls 3D scanner)

Resurection and cool Kickstarter project (Moedls 3D scanner)

Discuss and document interesting online resources like projects, blogs, articles, data sheets, product info, shops, etc. an online repository of Printrbot related of interest info

Postby plexus » 2013-Mar-Wed-22-Mar

I am resurrecting and restructuring this forum for topics about interesting projects and other resources online. this could be blog posts, crowd source projects, blogs, articles, shops or whatever. Its basically a place for documenting useful online resources posted by you. if an information architecture starts to arise, I will re-organize it appropriately. but for now lets grow it organically.

Here is a cool Kickstarter project I am backing: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jfe ... r-everyone

This appears to me to be the "Printrbot" of 3D scanners: efficient, inexpensive, effective but maybe with some quirks. but likely the best value for the money. the dev is "on it" and is responsive and enjoyable to interact with. he posts STLs of his scans. I print them! :D I have only posted one, a video of a bust. I also printed the gnome but forgot to turn my fan off and got lots of layer separation. but you get the idea.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
plexus
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Resurection and cool Kickstarter project (Moedls 3D scan

Postby Yammerton » 2013-Mar-Thu-13-Mar

A couple of friends of mine have started an Indiegogo project for a 3D scanner. They are Canadian, so unfortunately can't be on Kickstarter, but check out their project and show them some love.

Yammerton
Levelling print bed...

Postby Yammerton » 2013-Apr-Fri-01-Apr

I was checking out the Moedls project and it looks like it's a solid system with potential. Clearly the 3D printing community has lots of room for multiple players in the game. I've been following John's progress and think that he truly has a unique combination of hardware and software that appear to compliment each other. I've seen the questions posted but never answered, how is he dealing with the height limitations of his mounts(laser or camera)? The head scan seems to be missing some detail at the top. Is it just a matter of raising the lasers and capture device? The entire system appears to be very upgradable which is always nice with technology in it's infancy stage.

Yammerton
Levelling print bed...

Postby holmes4 » 2013-Apr-Fri-09-Apr

John Fehr canceled the Moedls project - his manufacturing supplier pushed out the timeframe too much, and to be honest, it didn't seem as if he would meet the funding goal. He said he may rework the concept in the future to incorporate suggestions made along the way. Too bad....

Steve
PB+ Backer 1402
holmes4
Bowden extruder

Postby plexus » 2013-Apr-Fri-11-Apr

plexus
Site Admin

Return to Online resources