Old Simple Upgrade to 1405: Issues

Talk about assembling your printer

Postby iH8u » 2015-Apr-Sat-09-Apr

Hi all,

i finally bought an upgrade kit to port my old 1312 Printrbot to 1405 and changed the hot end to E3D v6, and there came the problems.

so, first of all, i made some prints with the E3D v6 before the upgrade, and everything went well, so i decided to proceed with the upgrade putting also an aluminium extruder.

The problem is that the E3D v6 doesn't fit in the hole of the alluminium extruder so i am using zip clamps to keep it at level, i also saw this mod: 559657

but can't understand how hot end fits in the aluminium extruder above. Can you please try to explain me a method or similar to fit it?

Second issue and question: how should i start to calibrate the z probe with the e3d v6? i can't get a good z axis cause can't understand which is the best print quote for it.

Last issue but probably know how to fix it: any printed circle is oval, i will print some fix to tight better the GT2 belt hoping that can help.

Thanks a lot for the help

iH8u
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Old Simple Upgrade to 1405: Issues

Postby iH8u » 2015-Apr-Sun-10-Apr

However i resolved the problem with the circles, but still can't level and calibrate the z axis probe

iH8u
Waiting to connect to printer...

Re: Old Simple Upgrade to 1405: Issues

Postby frankv » 2015-Apr-Sun-17-Apr

iH8u wrote:but can't understand how hot end fits in the aluminium extruder above. Can you please try to explain me a method or similar to fit it?[/quit]

I ground down the top of the E3DV6 to make it fit. The amount required to take off was very small.

Second issue and question: how should i start to calibrate the z probe with the e3d v6? i can't get a good z axis cause can't understand which is the best print quote for it.

Sorry, I don't understand your question. My E3DV6 was quite a bit shorter than the old Ubis, so I had to mount it quite a bit lower to clear the Y axis frame. I also had to cut down the fan shroud. Once the nozzle is in the right position relative to the head, adjust the Z-axis probe so that it just triggers when the head is lowered to the point where the nozzle is one paper-thickness above the bed.

Last issue but probably know how to fix it: any printed circle is oval, i will print some fix to tight better the GT2 belt hoping that can help.

This could be a consequence of loose X or Y axis belts or scews or bearings or rods. If you're using auto-leveling, it could also be due to loose Z axis belts or screws or bearings or rods.

frankv
First blob a success!

Return to Assembly talk