Dual Extruder

Talk about assembling your printer

Dual Extruder

Postby JackB106 » 2015-Apr-Sat-15-Apr

o.k......So I have read a billion posts on some of the challenges that the dual extruder can put into your life, but I am leaning more towards the punishment because I feel the rewards out weigh the hurt. So to my question, if I still want to think about it, is PB telling me I HAVE to decide by 4/30 because that particular upgrade to the metal plus will never come again? Or is it that particular model of a dual extruder being retired, and something else will take it place. I want to in the future print with dual extruders, but I am still learning. I am just go back and forth if I should buy it and keep it to when I am ready for it, especially if their will be nothing else coming down the pike.
Help me Mr wizzard!!!!!

Jack B

JackB106
Loading filament...

Dual Extruder

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Dual Extruder

Postby orangefurball » 2015-Apr-Thu-11-Apr

JackB106 wrote:o.k......So I have read a billion posts on some of the challenges that the dual extruder can put into your life, but I am leaning more towards the punishment because I feel the rewards out weigh the hurt. So to my question, if I still want to think about it, is PB telling me I HAVE to decide by 4/30 because that particular upgrade to the metal plus will never come again? Or is it that particular model of a dual extruder being retired, and something else will take it place. I want to in the future print with dual extruders, but I am still learning. I am just go back and forth if I should buy it and keep it to when I am ready for it, especially if their will be nothing else coming down the pike.
Help me Mr wizzard!!!!!

Jack B

Once it is gone it is gone, that's it.

They just introduced the upgrade for a limited time. By 4/30 Brook & Co. will stop making it. There won't be a new upgrade or anything.

2 CoreXY Machines 200x200x200/600mm
Cubify Cube3 & Makerbot Replicator Mini

Thingybot Delta Printer
150x150x200mm circular build volume, high precision open source 3D printer.

http://www.thingybot3d.com
orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby JackB106 » 2015-Apr-Thu-18-Apr

I just got a reply back from PB, and you are correct. I better get it now, so when I am ready to print with dual extruders I will have it...
Thanks for the reply
Jack B

JackB106
Loading filament...

Postby JonS » 2015-Apr-Thu-19-Apr

So long as your x-carriage is leveled; the 2nd nozzle is not too low; that E1 is turned off (not heated); and you've set you max. print area to 200mm wide, there's little penalty from having the dual extruders and only using one. The challenge comes when actually trying to use both.

There's a small caveat that everything gets more crowded around the extruders, so working on it is a little bit harder.

Printrbot Metal Plus with:

- Dual Ubis 13S metal hot ends (swapped for original Ubis metals)
- Dual Gear Head extruders
- Heated bed
- PEI print bed film

Printrbot Jr (put out to pasture).
JonS
ACME leadscrew

Return to Assembly talk