LC Kit - Some pics of the base as i was assembling it.

Talk about assembling your printer

Postby allanonmage » 2013-Jan-Wed-09-Jan

So this is my first printrbot build and I didn't find many pics of the base from different angles. It was hard to judge what details were important and what weren't based on Brook's videos, and his order of assembly is NOT optimal, lol Kudos for doing them, I can only imagine the support will get better, but right now it needs some work.

So, if perchance you're reading this before assembly, do not put the board in at the time that he does in the video, skip ahead a little bit to the end stop, do that first, then to the board. It'll save you a bit of aggravation.

Also, put the base legs on before putting in the outermost motors. I had to re-do that like 3 times to get the proper order of things. It's not so much the time as the aggravation that bothered me.

Without further ado, here are some pics.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Started with a Printrbot LC Kit; now it's a monster as big as a mid size fridge!
Single ATX Power supply, 650 watts, relay controlled heat bed
extra Z height (3+ ft) via longer rods, but I don't use it. Yet. To reduce wobble, I'm using thing:46082 under the Printrbot.
Dual heated beds, 1 currently working; space for a 3rd
Purple gluestick on glass seems to be sticky enough to get adhesion
FB album with pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ec287e8726

This was supposed to be a tool, not a series of projects... grrrrr......
allanonmage
Layer 100 of 1234

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: LC Kit - Some pics of the base as i was assembling it.

Postby chris » 2013-Mar-Fri-03-Mar

Good job, I'm still trying to get through it. It is really amazing and cool the way all these pieces fit together - it seems much stronger than I was guessing it would be. Although I'm still worried about the longevity of the zip ties, especially on some of the hard to see/notice areas...

It's been fun learning 123d also. Can't wait to get started printing stuff - I should probably order a mass of cheap abs spools so I don't run out when I can actually make some things...

chris
I'm an end stop.

Re: LC Kit - Some pics of the base as i was assembling it.

Postby allanonmage » 2013-Mar-Fri-04-Mar

Zip ties are almost immortal. I have a few holding key parts of my truck together. For example the gas pedal linkage to the mount on the carb

Started with a Printrbot LC Kit; now it's a monster as big as a mid size fridge!
Single ATX Power supply, 650 watts, relay controlled heat bed
extra Z height (3+ ft) via longer rods, but I don't use it. Yet. To reduce wobble, I'm using thing:46082 under the Printrbot.
Dual heated beds, 1 currently working; space for a 3rd
Purple gluestick on glass seems to be sticky enough to get adhesion
FB album with pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ec287e8726

This was supposed to be a tool, not a series of projects... grrrrr......
allanonmage
Layer 100 of 1234

Return to Assembly talk