Build/Repair Service?

Talk about assembling your printer

Build/Repair Service?

Postby Martink » 2015-Jul-Sat-11-Jul

Hi All,
I bought a PrintrBot Simple back in Nov 2013, and built it over the next few months. After trying to get it working over the next few months, I found that I'd got one of a batch with a slightly mis-cut head assembly. I fitted the new head assembly over the next few months, and then intermittently tried getting it to work any better.
I've finally given up.

Can anyone recommend someone (or a company) who could take my attempted build, do everything properly, and give me back a working 3D printer?

I'd prefer if the recommended person/company was near Manchester, England, but if they're further afield then I can always pack it carefully into a box.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Martink
Waiting to connect to printer...

Build/Repair Service?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Build/Repair Service?

Postby IB3D » 2015-Jul-Sat-15-Jul

Tine is money when it comes to professional paid repair. If you were to find someone offering this service for a fee rather than courtesy; will it be worth it in the end? I'm surprised there isn't a MakerHive or similar hobbyist group near you to offer the solution you seek?

IB3D
Waiting for extruder temp...

Re: Build/Repair Service?

Postby Martink » 2015-Jul-Sun-10-Jul

Thanks, I'd not really looked into a MakerHive, and will do that now.
I'm not afraid of spending a money on getting this working, it's only through frustration at not being able to get it working that it's taken me so long to admit defeat, I'm not short of projects that I want to print parts for!

Any and all suggestions are very welcome - regardless of cost!

Martink
Waiting to connect to printer...

Return to Assembly talk