Printrbot in Labrador

Printrbot in Labrador

Postby Nickies08 » 2013-Sep-Mon-07-Sep

I've been enjoying my Plus v2 for a couple months now and been partaking in many discussion here on the forum. I finally decided I should put a post here in regional talk so Newfoundland and Labrador will finally have a member's face associated to it. Hopefully I'm the first of many users in my province to become a Printrbot and forum user. Right now it is kind of lonely being the only one lol. Thanks to all the members from far and away who help keep me on the right path when my projects or printer go astray.

Printrbot Plus V2.0
Aluminum bearing blocks
Aluminum Build Plate
Robotdigg custom Nema 17 motors with 500mm T8*8 Acme Rods on Z-axis (19" of print height)
Wire extensions to accommodate extra build height
GT2 Belts and Pulleys
Nickies08
Solid infill...

Printrbot in Labrador

Sponsor

Sponsor

Printrbot in Labrador

Postby Nickies08 » 2013-Sep-Wed-06-Sep

Here is a list of mods I've done to by bot, I'll update it as necessary;

-GT2 Belts and Pulleys
-X axis bracing
-aluminum bearing blocks for Y axis
-Aluminum Print Bed
-Hyena Chrome V2 Hobbed bolt
-Robotdigg custom motors with 500mm long T8*8 threaded rods built in and anti-backlash nuts.
-Longer smooth rods on z-axis and wiring extended to handle the 19" of print height.

Printrbot Plus V2.0
Aluminum bearing blocks
Aluminum Build Plate
Robotdigg custom Nema 17 motors with 500mm T8*8 Acme Rods on Z-axis (19" of print height)
GT2 Belts and Pulleys
Nickies08
Solid infill...

Re: Printrbot in Labrador

Postby Nickies08 » 2014-Feb-Sat-13-Feb

New power supply to do a little upgrading! Got five heat-sinks on the way to fit on the Nema 17 motors, cooling fans to fit in the base of the bot and a fan controller. Going to make sure everything stays nice and cool.

I also treated myself to a new Craftex CX605 Mini Mill. So I can now make all the custom hardware that I want for future upgrades. Hopefully I can order the Shapeoko 2 next month so I can cut all the larger aluminum sheet pieces I need for my new bot body.

Printrbot Plus V2.0
Aluminum bearing blocks
Aluminum Build Plate
GT2 Belts and Pulleys
Nickies08
Solid infill...

Return to Newfoundland & Labrador