[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Boston Printrbots

Boston Printrbots

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut

Boston Printrbots

Postby Roscoe » 2014-Feb-Mon-10-Feb

Hi, I just purchased a Junior V2, and I live in Boston, I will be taking the additive manufacturing industry seriously. I have been interested for the past 5 years, after my recent 4 month obsession I finally will have one in my hands.

I have a background in 3D modeling, and digital design.
I plan on incorporating a business directly related to printing.
I have chose the Printrbot robots to represent me,
I just now would like to meet some local people to network, hang out, and hack around the Boston Area.

Look forward to getting a response.

@printpainter

We all print, let me put a creative finish on your models.
Roscoe
Waiting to connect to printer...

Boston Printrbots

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Boston Printrbots

Postby Maves230 » 2014-Feb-Wed-14-Feb

I am also in the Boston-are and have been looking around to see what the maker scene is like. I'm more of a tinker/printer than a designer, but I'm tempted to learn more about CAD.

Seems like there are some good spaces in Somerville and Cambridge, but what I've noticed is that they thrive on classes and equipment use, not so much DIY/BYO (I could be wrong).

Just wanted to chime in and say I'd be interested in seeing what this thread spawns. Here's a quick look at my setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTsDwiSdSrI

Printrbot Simple v2
Maves230
Loading filament...

Postby Roscoe » 2014-Feb-Wed-14-Feb

Just saw your reply, great to hear from you. Well it seems like our skills are almost opposite, which I think is great. We could definitely learn from each other and get in the mix. Thanks a lot for getting back to me you can email me, I sent you my address.

Roscoe

@printpainter

Roscoe

Postby gyronictonic » 2014-Feb-Wed-14-Feb

I'm late to the show but I have the Printrbot LC+ V1 and 3 repraps (3DPrintMi). I hang out at a small hackerspace in Chelsea, MA called .

I'm also part of a start-up called in Waltham MA, providing workshops in 3D printing and CAD modeling. Soon to open!

Also, please join the google+ community group

I would love to meet up with other 3D printing enthusiasts. It's been a while since the NE RepRap group held a meetup.

Chris

Backer # 626
Printbot Plus

Upgrades
- GT2, 36 teeth timing pulley
- Acme rods
- .25mm nozzle
- for the Wade Extruder
gyronictonic
Printing skirt...

Postby Roscoe » 2014-Mar-Fri-14-Mar

Great to hear from you Gyronictonic I just saw this message, I just joined the Google + group I look forward to meeting you guys!

Roscoe

@printpainter

Roscoe

Return to New England