[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - ABS filament in the uk

ABS filament in the uk

ABS filament in the uk

Postby Jason_Read » 2012-May-Wed-13-May

I have found a fellow enthusiast in the U.K. who is happy to ship to Europe 3 mm filaments in various colours and weights
here is his url: http://reprapkit.com/rrkshop/

He is also very friendly and answers email questions very fast

Also he is willing to send samples of pla or abs in many colours for you to try before you buy

I got 4KG of natural ABS from him this week and I am very happy with the results

I also found a cool slicing program called Kisslicer you can get a demo of it and after I bought it they were kind enough to send me a special ini. file especially for Printrbot so if you decide to go for this software be sure to let them know you will be using a printrbot.

Hope you find this info useful.

Don't feed the monsters it only encourages them! LC international backer #105
Jason_Read
Waiting for printbed temp...

ABS filament in the uk

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: ABS filament in the uk

Postby j45on » 2012-Jul-Tue-16-Jul

Thanks I might give him a try.
I ordered some black abs from ebay while waiting for my printrbot because I thought we were getting natural abs,guess what color I got with my bot :lol: Black :roll:

j45on
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby j45on » 2012-Jul-Wed-09-Jul

I have some PLA i ordered by mistake :lol:
And some abs samples from a uk seller on ebay
The PLA is very lumpy,you can feel the thickness changing as you pull it through your fingers :(
The 3 samples of ABS I have in "glow green" , "glow blue" and "fluorescent green"
The glow green is nice and consistent in thickness.
The glow blue and fluorescent varies by 0.87 in the same spot :evil:

Are these junk or am I being to fussy ?

j45on
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby PxT » 2012-Jul-Wed-11-Jul

Good blog post on the importance of filament tolerances:
http://www.protoparadigm.com/blog/2011/ ... nt-quality

PxT
Print complete...

Return to Buying