[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Spools of printing material

Spools of printing material

Postby wthierry » 2012-May-Wed-08-May

Does anyone who is an experienced 3d printer hobbyist have any suggestions for a good supplyer for plastic material? reasonable cost, quick shipping?

wthierry
I'm an end stop.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Spools of printing material

Postby Mooselake » 2012-May-Wed-15-May

www.repraper.com (chinese translation of reprapper...).

Ordered 5kg of pla, 1kg of abs, got here (Upper Midwest, USA) in about 10 days, and worked out to about $12/lb ($26.50/kg) delivered. They ship via FedEx, shipping is about half the total cost.

No PB+ yet so it hasn't been tested, but several people over on cnczone's Hoss 3D printer thread have been ordering and using filament from this supplier, and find it prints well. I had a shipping problem (they shipped gold instead of green), and the supplier explained they'd read his product code GN as GD and offered to immediately ship the correct color. I told him to wait until my next order; the gold actually looks pretty nice, I was just ordering "a spectrum of colors", and I can't print it yet anyway.

Happy with his communication, the product looks good on the spool (kept sealed with the shipped desiccant but others have found that it's round and consistent diameter). We discussed raper vs rapper via email, he acknowledged the spelling mistake but says he has spent too much on marketing to change it, at least now. I did offer some corrections on his web site english that he fixed. All around a good ordering experience, so if Brook continues to postpone his Mexican Villa trip, doesn't go bankrupt, or quit in disgust after reading the KS comments I'll be ordering more.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby karmacappa » 2012-May-Wed-16-May

Protoparadigm and Makerbot are both very reputable filament suppliers. I'm going to be getting some Makerbot filament in soon, but I've printed with Protoparadigm filament and it is consistently manufactured to a very exacting tolerance.

karmacappa
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby misellus » 2012-May-Wed-17-May

misellus
Levelling print bed...

Postby marmil » 2012-May-Sun-15-May

I ordered some PLA from protoparadigm.com and it shipped out quickly. I can't speak for the quality of the filament since I don't have my printrbot yet, but the spool was well packed and sealed in a clear plastic bag with one of those silica gel packets inside. Also, the few emails I sent them were quickly answered.

+ [color=#BF0000]•
marmil
Honeycomb infill 25%...

Postby additivemfggg » 2012-May-Sun-15-May

I noticed that silica moisture packet inside mine too. Is it necessary to keep it dry when not in use? Will it go bad?

store order #875
additivemfggg
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby marmil » 2012-May-Sun-15-May

I don't really have any experience working with this stuff yet, but seems like you want to keep it dry if the manufacturers are including the silica gel packets. Saw this at reprap.org:

+ [color=#BF0000]•
marmil
Honeycomb infill 25%...

Postby BESommer » 2012-May-Sun-17-May

Backer #622, Printrbot+
BESommer
Levelling print bed...

Postby jkocurek » 2012-Jun-Fri-22-Jun

I know nothing about this supplier. But, I stumbled on them while searching for other things.

http://www.japica.com/products.html

5 pounds for $80 with free shipping.

jkocurek
Levelling print bed...

Return to Buying