Make Magazines

Make Magazines

Postby mdfast1 » 2013-Feb-Thu-15-Feb

Hey guys, I'm not sure if any of you guys/girls subscribe to Make magazine or any other tech publications, but I was wondering if anyone is looking to get rid of their used copies. Let me know if we can work anything out.

Printrbot Simple Metal - RED -
UBIS 13

Printrbot LC+ - Operational

Printrbot Original- Donated
GT2 - 20 Tooth Pulleys
GT2 Belts
Brass Threaded Rods
Spur Gears from drawcut
.35mm nozzle
mdfast1
Layer 650 of 1234

Make Magazines

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Make Magazines

Postby scantrontb » 2013-Feb-Fri-21-Feb

The only issue "i" have is the 3D Printer special issue... you might check with your local libraries, they might subscribe to them and want to get rid of some extra copies, or possibly used book stores too. while i highly doubt stores like Fry's or other places that carry the magazine for sale, would keep back issues in stock after they get the new issues, you might want to at least ASK if they do, if it's been removed from the shelves because the publisher says it should only be displayed from date x to date y, i'm not sure if the delivery guy takes all the unsold copies back when he delivers new ones though... they may have a few in back they could give you a deal on?

Don't planto mihi adveho illac
PB+ #786
scantrontb
Can update firmware

Postby mdfast1 » 2013-Feb-Sat-00-Feb

Yeah I always wondered what Microcenter or Fry's did with old copies of the magazines, IE is it worth looking in the recycling bins? I've seen some Make's at a used book store for about $5, just wondering if anyone on here had any they wanted to get rid of.

Printrbot Simple Metal - RED -
UBIS 13

Printrbot LC+ - Operational

Printrbot Original- Donated
GT2 - 20 Tooth Pulleys
GT2 Belts
Brass Threaded Rods
Spur Gears from drawcut
.35mm nozzle
mdfast1
Layer 650 of 1234

Postby allanonmage » 2013-Jun-Wed-10-Jun

I too am interested in old copies, or PDFs.

I believe most retail places send back the covers to the publisher and then dispose of old magazines, and they probably won't just give them to you unless you have a friend who is a manager at the establishment. And even then you might only get the FYI that they're out in the dumpster.

Started with a Printrbot LC Kit; now it's a monster as big as a mid size fridge!
Single ATX Power supply, 650 watts, relay controlled heat bed
extra Z height (3+ ft) via longer rods, but I don't use it. Yet. To reduce wobble, I'm using thing:46082 under the Printrbot.
Dual heated beds, 1 currently working; space for a 3rd
Purple gluestick on glass seems to be sticky enough to get adhesion
FB album with pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ec287e8726

This was supposed to be a tool, not a series of projects... grrrrr......
allanonmage
Layer 100 of 1234

Return to Buying