heated beds for Printrbot

Postby 3dheatbeds » 2014-Aug-Mon-14-Aug

Ebay member 3dheatbeds has heated beds for the Printrbot Simple, Simple Metal and Simple XL. They are available prewired with a plug to fit the heated bed output on the Printrboard. They also have a thermistor prewired for the Printrboard. They also have many other sizes.

3dheatbeds
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: heated beds for Printrbot

Postby nicksears » 2014-Nov-Mon-17-Nov

I've installed mine and it works pretty well. I have it mounted with rubber washers between the heatbed and metal y carriage and a piece of glass with buildtak on top. I'm wondering how other people have it set up?

I spaced it off with washers so it could heat better (no giant metal heatsink touching underneath) and I wanted to be able to level the bed. (I've read the auto-level gets messed up by the change in conductivity if it's warm, AND my auto-level wansn't perfect because my y-carriage has a bend so the center is super squished and the edges are not).

However, I cant fit the usual 4 binder clips to hold the glass to the heatbed. You could go without the glass, but it wouldn't be all that flat and I wouldn't want to put masking tape, much less buildtak directly on the heatbed. You also could not put the heatbed directly on the y-carriage without drilling a hole or something for the thermistor (unless you just power it directly with no temperature control). Any thoughts? I'll add pictures when I can.

nicksears
Waiting to connect to printer...

Re: heated beds for Printrbot

Postby orangefurball » 2014-Nov-Mon-21-Nov

Do you offer a 4 x 4 heatbed for the Simple 1405 that can mount directly onto the preexisting bed?

2 CoreXY Machines 200x200x200/600mm
Cubify Cube3 & Makerbot Replicator Mini

Thingybot Delta Printer
150x150x200mm circular build volume, high precision open source 3D printer.

http://www.thingybot3d.com
orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Return to Selling