TILESCAPE Dungeons Modular Terrain System KICKSTARTER is LIV

Postby wisdomknight » 2016-Oct-Tue-10-Oct

Its live and funded in 3 minutes!!!!!
Check out the amazing stretch goals and there are still Early Bird Pledges left.

wisdomknight
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: TILESCAPE Dungeons Modular Terrain System KICKSTARTER is

Postby RetireeJay » 2016-Oct-Tue-11-Oct

I checked the web site: this is a source for dozens (hundreds?) of game-oriented STL files that you purchase and print on your printer.
The post kinda fits in the "Things Talk" but might be a better fit in "Selling;" what do other mods think?

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
"My next printer is..." Prusa i3 MK3
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Oct-Tue-12-Oct

Based on the short interval between registering and posting he's posting to sell (well, request backers for a Kickstarter project) so I'd think selling is more appropriate. Doesn't look like they have any interest in being regular forum members. There's interest here in these game-oriented files so I'd call it a legitimate post that adds value to the fourm unless they get carried away with volume.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Oct-Mon-12-Oct

On the other hand, this exact same message (well, they did add the E to LIV) was posted in several other forums, from googling "TILESCAPE Dungeons Modular Terrain System KICKSTARTER". I should have checked this before, in my opinion this, combined with the quick register to post time, creates a high suspicion for this being a spammer who appears to have just done a driveby spam and moved on.

@wisdomknight, do you care to comment? Anybody else, does this topic add any value here, or should we delete it and ban the poster? I'm not much of a gamer, and certainly not into game figurines (and they look kinda pricey to my uneducated eye). They look well designed and interesting and potentially of some value, however the low $300 goal looks suspicious and not enough to have financed their development. I'd sure like some advice on this one, wouldn't be the first time the Moose was wrong (or so Mrs. Moose and the 3 Moosettes tell me quite often).

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby wisdomknight » 2016-Nov-Sat-14-Nov

Hey guys!

Yes...of course I've posted similar things on lots of forums related to 3D printing and rpg's. I'm advertising for a Kickstarter that is relevant to your interests :) If that was not allowed, my apologies and I understand if you want to remove it. Hope you pop by though!

Have a good weekend...and holiday!

wisdomknight
Waiting to connect to printer...

Return to Selling