Printrbot refurbs available

Postby rlnixon » 2016-Apr-Tue-11-Apr

For what it is worth, Printrbot has a number of refurbs for sale this week:
https://printrbot.com/shop/printrbot-dent-dings/

I went ahead myself and picked up a backup machine.

rlnixon
Loading filament...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Printrbot refurbs available

Postby ktfergus » 2016-Apr-Wed-21-Apr

Yes! Thank you rlnixon! I thought I missed out on picking up the referbs a few weeks ago, as I couldn't find the link to them anymore in the PB store.

Just grabbed a simple & a play for basically the price of a new simple with heated bed. I figure I'm just gonna tear both of them apart & mod them and install my own heated beds anyway, so why pay full price?

Now I just have to figure out how to run multiple printers from one computer...

PrintrBot Model: 1403 (Simple Metal Assembled) :: DIY Heated Bed, with 305mm Extended X Axis
PrintrBot Model: 1403 (Simple Metal Assembled) :: 305mm x200mm DIY heated bed
PrintrBot Model: 1505 (Play) :: 100mm x 250mm DIY heated bed
PrintrBot Model: 1503 (Plasy) :: 100mm x 100mm DIY Heated bed
Latest Project :: Sisyphus Whirligig
ktfergus
Printing skirt...

Postby PxT » 2016-Apr-Thu-12-Apr

I think there are multiple ways to do it, but Pronterface is one that I'm familiar with. You can either have multiple instances running, or one copy that you selectively connect to different printers as needed.

Brook's original bot-farm ran from multiple copies of Pronterface, one per printer. I think they had maybe 4 or 6 instances going per PC.

PxT
Print complete...

Postby cacb » 2016-Apr-Thu-14-Apr

ktfergus wrote:Now I just have to figure out how to run multiple printers from one computer...

Run each (or just one of them) from a Raspberry PI with OctoPrint, cabled or wireless. Control everything from the web browser. I have a Wireless PI permanently attached to the printer with a short USB cable. Now you can get much faster PI3 with built-in wireless, no need to buy a wifi-dongle anymore. Still the original PI works flawlessly with my printer.

Printrbot Simple Metal Kit + heated bed upgrade. KISSlicer (Kubuntu/Win7), OctoPrint (wireless Raspberry Pi model B) - http://arnholm.org/
cacb
Support material...

Postby PxT » 2016-Apr-Thu-20-Apr

Octoprint doesn't natively support multiple printers (at least last I checked), but again you can run multiple instances to get that functionality. The only thing to be careful of is that the older RPis don't really have enough horsepower to support this well. You would definitely want the latest model Pi if you go this route.

PxT
Print complete...

Postby cacb » 2016-Apr-Fri-08-Apr

PxT wrote:Octoprint doesn't natively support multiple printers (at least last I checked), but again you can run multiple instances to get that functionality. The only thing to be careful of is that the older RPis don't really have enough horsepower to support this well. You would definitely want the latest model Pi if you go this route.

I was suggesting a PI per printer, I consider my PI as part of the printer. The old PI Model B works fine with my Simple Metal, the newer ones would also work of course.

Printrbot Simple Metal Kit + heated bed upgrade. KISSlicer (Kubuntu/Win7), OctoPrint (wireless Raspberry Pi model B) - http://arnholm.org/
cacb
Support material...

Return to Selling