[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Play Hard! 8" HEATED Y axis upgrade!

Play Hard! 8" HEATED Y axis upgrade!

Postby Mach-Chris » 2015-Aug-Sun-19-Aug

As some of you may have already seen, we've been PLAYing (see what I did there?) with making the PB play a little better suited to some more versatile printing that the Simple and Plus models boast.

As a result we came up with the "Play Hard!" upgrade. This upgrade takes the Y axis to 8" for a little more room to play with, and also has the option to heat the bed. It is, of course, MIC6 plate :)

I have a handful of pre-production units available. If anyone is interested PM me or email.

Here are some pictures:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Follow us on Twitter! @MatrixPrecision
Mach-Chris
Support material...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Play Hard! 8" HEATED Y axis upgrade!

Postby Mach-Chris » 2015-Aug-Tue-16-Aug

I think I found a print that does a good job of showing off and benchmarking the capabilities of the Printrbot Play (Hard!) combo. The Toyota 22-RE engine block (75% original scale)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mach-Chris
Support material...

Postby Mooselake » 2015-Aug-Fri-12-Aug

That's pretty impressive Chris.

Even more so since you seem to have printed with the Play on it's side. Guess that all metal enclosing frame really does work :)

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby Mach-Chris » 2015-Aug-Fri-15-Aug

It's that printing in space method I've been trying out :P

Haha. My iPhone pictures always end up sideways, even if I save them rotated. It drives me mad. Probably a resolution thing. Even now. They show up in tapatalk on my phone right side up. Just not on my computer lol.

Mach-Chris
Support material...

Re: Play Hard! 8

Postby thawkins » 2015-Aug-Fri-19-Aug

Jonbot+
225mm x 200mm - Heated Bed
RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin 1.1.0
Full Graphic display.
-------------------------------
Zen Toolworks CNC/3d printer
230mmx360mm bed