Bad surface and powerless part!! Help pls.

Problems with your print or projects? talk here

Postby Musabaltaci » 2016-Oct-Mon-05-Oct

Dear users. İ am trying to print with my simple metal and cura 2.1.2 . First 50 layer is good strong and have good surface but after this , my printer is printing bad. What is the problem. İ cant solve this problem. Thx for your answrr. Have nice day.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Musabaltaci
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bad surface and powerless part!! Help pls.

Postby RetireeJay » 2016-Oct-Mon-12-Oct

Is this phenomenon repeatable, at exactly the same layer, no matter what part you are printing?

On the hunch that it's NOT exactly repeatable, my guess is that something caused your extrusion to suddenly drop from 100% of the specified quantity to maybe 50% of the specified quantity. It could be caused by any number of things, but it boils down to three broad areas: (1) there's too much drag on the filament being fed from your spool before it reaches the extruder "gear"; or (2) the extruder "gear" got clogged with plastic in the grooves so it can't push plastic the way it's supposed to; or (3) there's a partial jam or obstruction between the extruder "gear" and the nozzle. (It might also be that the nozzle temperature dropped for some reason).

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
"My next printer is..." Prusa i3 MK3, upgraded to MK3S
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Postby Musabaltaci » 2016-Oct-Mon-14-Oct

my part is this.could you suggest any configuration for good print. Thx.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Musabaltaci

Postby RetireeJay » 2016-Oct-Mon-15-Oct

There is no setting that would (directly) cause the quality of your print to change so dramatically halfway up the print. The immediate cause is under-extrusion.

However, in looking at your settings, I see a Retraction of 6.5mm. That is very extreme. If you have a "Ceramic" Ubis extruder, 3mm is as high as I would go. If you have a metal Ubis 13 or an E3D extruder, then the maximum is much less, like 0.5mm. Excess extruder retraction pulls melted plastic into the cold zone of the extruder, which can cause partial or complete blockage. A partially blocked extruder would generate a print that looks like the upper half of your part.

GT2 belts & pulleys
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Postby Musabaltaci » 2016-Oct-Mon-16-Oct

i realised that the extruder step motor is missing step some times. it sounds tık , tık. is the flow so much ? or any other problem it has

Musabaltaci

Postby frankv » 2016-Oct-Mon-17-Oct

My first guess is that something is overheating. The first 50 or so layers are good because it takes time for the heat to build up.

It could be that the cooling of the hot-end isn't adequate, so heat gradually creeps upward until it warms the filament enough to soften it, spread it, and cause a jam.

It could be that the extruder stepper motor itself is overheating.

It could be that the stepper motor driver chips are overheating.

You could try pausing your print (with the hot-end still on) after the problem starts. Try touching the extruder stepper, driver chips, and upper part of the hot-end with your finger... they should be warm, but not hot. Waait for things to cool down (say 15 minutes), and then continuing the print. If it now works properly, then you probably have a cooling issue in the stepper or stepper driver chips. Try running the printer at a slower speed, particularly the print and infill speeds. And try a fan pointing at the hot parts.

If, after pausing, the problem continues (or it gets worse), then I'd guess the problem is in the hot-end. As an experiment, try printing with NO retraction. You'll get some stringing, but it's just an experiment. Try to find the maximum retraction you can use and still not have jams. Also try a good fan on the heatsink or upper part of the hotend. You could also try printing at a lower temperature (although 190 should be about right. And reduce your flow to (say) 90%.

frankv
First blob a success!

Postby RetireeJay » 2016-Oct-Mon-17-Oct

frankv wrote:Try running the printer at a slower speed,

He's already running very slow, at 10mm/s.

Musabaltaci wrote:the extruder step motor is missing step some times. it sounds tık , tık. is the flow so much ?

That explains the under-extrusion. Now you just need to find out why. It could be heat, as frankv suggests. Or any of the other things I mentioned in my first post. If the extruder motor now ALWAYS makes that tik,tik sound, then you will probably need to clean out your hot end. There are many posts in the forum about clearing jammed extruders; search is your friend.

GT2 belts & pulleys
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Postby Musabaltaci » 2016-Oct-Tue-14-Oct

i solved this problme with this ways. when my printer is printing bad i decrase temperature to 190. after that incrase temprature to 200 again. olso i calibrate my printer again. now surface much better. now i want to ask this. when printing sd cart, my i learn which layer is printing or what is the z height at the moment with pronterface. thx for your help.

Musabaltaci

Return to Project troubleshooting