[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Hole Problem

Hole Problem

Discussions about CAD use and designing

Hole Problem

Postby luuuuuke » 2014-May-Sun-11-May

I'm having trouble getting Slic3r to create the object that I designed (a simple cylinder with a hole through the middle). I assume this is a "support material" problem, but I haven't been able to solve it yet, since I'm a novice. The Slic3r version is never able to close the opening and just builds straight up leaving a gap all the way to the top of the model.

Here is my original design in Blender.
Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 9.26.27 AM.png

Here is what Slic3r comes up with.
Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 9.30.11 AM.png

I'm sure there must be a simple solution. Thank you in advance for your replies!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
luuuuuke
Waiting to connect to printer...

Hole Problem

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Hole Problem

Postby puzzler300 » 2014-May-Sun-12-May

There could be a problem with your mesh. about 75% of the time when something goes oddly with a slicing job, it's the mesh. There's a great program out there called netfabb (http://www.netfabb.com/) its free for hobbyists and it can repair .stl files. try running your model through that and reslicing it.

V1 Printrbot Plus
Favorite bed surface(ABS): glass sprayed with suave extreme hold (10) hairspray
http://www.thingiverse.com/puzzler300/designs
puzzler300
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby marmil » 2014-May-Sun-17-May

What version of slicer are you using? I think some older versions have had some strange problems with support material placement.

Can you zip the STL file and post it? Maybe someone will spot something odd.

+ [color=#BF0000]•
marmil
Honeycomb infill 25%...

Postby luuuuuke » 2014-May-Sun-22-May

Thanks for your replies. I downloaded Cura and it doesn't have this problem at all.

I'll definitely check out netfabb, thanks!

luuuuuke
Waiting to connect to printer...

Return to CAD & design