WARNING FELLOW AUSSIES "Dont buy Printrbot!"

Postby Fanplastic » 2013-May-Sun-01-May

My experience has been a nightmare:

I am absolutely disgusted with the service I have received from pritrbot! I had to order parts from China, go to the hardware store, chase down nuts and bolts and have had no replies whatsoever from Prinrbot themselves. The support with guides are mostly out of sync and the help I receive in here is beginning to be affected by my growing dislike for the brand. Nothing but a night mare! I highly advice others not to waste their money with Printrbot and advocate if with a passion! In the mean time we shall see how this, you be nice to us and we'll' be nice to you mentality follows. BEWARE OF PRINTRBOT ... once they they take your money ... your &^%$ed!

This cry is going to make its way into the 3D pprinting world & it will cost you ... I promise you that!!!!!!!

Pathetic!

Fanplastic
Waiting for printbed temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: WARNING FELLOW AUSSIES "Dont buy Printrbot!"

Postby Fanplastic » 2013-May-Sun-18-May

Another view point that may clarify my experience ... via a response elsewhere in this forum:

Thanks Drawcut. No problem at all Owens. I appreciate your honesty. Whilst the labeling may of been obvious to yourself, this does not mean it's obvious to others. Actually I find nothing obvious to the kit I received at all. There is NO diagram in which to refer such lettering. The parts list does not even note the lettering to the motors except to say there is 5 motors, No guide comes with the kit and the online Guides are a shamble being out of sync with current versions sold. I clicked the "unverified" link on the very Guide that is meant for the latest model sold and in my possession.

There is absolutely nothing Obvious about the supplied Kit and Guide I have been refereed to ... missing parts & lack of response from Printrbot themselves ... well lets not go there.

Perhaps you could link me an online Diagram for that corresponds to the lettering as labeled?
I guess then I would also have to click a link so that it matches my version ...
Then again ... the pictures may just be wrong as in the guide I am following.

I can follow a motherboard manual on how to hook up the lights and switches and config Bios ... but the way in which Printrbot bot ships this Kit and the supplied documentation, Disorganized online guides with misleading photos, lack of Diagrams and non response from the printrbot Team ... that the only thing that is obvious, comes much later after wasting many hours of taking numerous photos and scouring the internet and forum searches; is that the reliance on forum guides has many pitfalls for the average person and such projects are only for a minority of gifted people.

I mentioned earlier that a few friends of mine have showed interest, however I have steered them clear of spending so much money on something that really should not be sold so publicly ... not in the way printrbot are currently shipping these kits and the Guides being what they are. Hats of to all the gifted folk out there that have a complete working model. You should be proud! My experience and web searching is beginning to show many other kits sold off as incomplete. Now I know why.

Fanplastic

Postby halley » 2013-May-Sun-19-May

Being frustrated is understandable. Even advising people to avoid a product you're not satisfied is okay to do, in my opinion.

However, you're starting to spam multiple posts with cut-and-paste ranting. That's really beyond what's called-for.

halley
ACME leadscrew

Postby Fanplastic » 2013-May-Sun-22-May

What a Bias scoring system you have here. Only positive feedback may be viewed in this forum.
Thanks Halley ... yet another spin as to how Printrbot keeps its name clean.

You received a reputation point

Sent: 13 May 2013 10:24
To: Fanplastic
You received a point from the sender of this message.
Comment: Starting to get carried away.

The only pasting and cutting I am doing now is for the benefit of those shopping outside this site.
You seem more frustrated than me quoting whats called for or not. I won't have you silence me ... that you can be assured off. Best move on, unless you have anything of worth to tell those of us who have been charmed with Prinrbots claims.

Your response and the system it is carried on, only serves to act as a catalyst.

Last edited by Fanplastic on 2013-May-Sun-22-May, edited 1 time in total.
Fanplastic

Postby Syntaxterror » 2013-May-Mon-00-May

they have some real issues. I bought a jr with a bad board, the then replacement was also bad. even with a forum full of people with the same problem I was told QC checks every printrboard, and tried to avoid replacing it. the first sign I was about to be screwed. In the hands of paypal now.

Syntaxterror
Levelling print bed...

Postby plexus » 2013-May-Mon-00-May

The issue with forums is that you typically only hear from people with problems. if you consider there are around 1500 members in the forum and probably >5000 printrbots out in the market, compare that to a sense of the number of people who have had bad experiences with Printrbot who have posted in the forum. i'd hazard to guess its <50 people with serious customer service disappointments. so that represents about 1% of the number of customers and 3% of those who use the forum. if you also consider that if a person a bad experience with the company, they will often resort to complaints on the forum. this paints a pretty good picture of Printrbot, all things considered.

plexus
Site Admin

Postby Fanplastic » 2013-May-Mon-02-May

Ever since they implemented this reputation BS, their heads have begun to swell. The unpleasantness many of us are having to experience because of Printrbots incompetence is much more important than your Ego's. Deal with it! Now Ignoring the sucks and moving on: The statistics are flawed and I could care less about the comparisons. I'm disgusted with the way I have been ignored and will express it as I can. I will not be muzzled with this ridiculous slap on the wrist approach of brandishing people with negative feedback. This is Not Ebay ... I am not here to sell anything ... I'm here because printrbot cant pull their fingers out and produce an instructional guide, nor answer my emails.
Good Luck with your Paypall claim! We put in a complaint regarding the missing parts and Vague Guides. No communication back and as you can see this new system they have implemented is rather Bias, so getting help in here always results with "WE" this and "We" that.

"We" are doing what we can outside this forum to warn others as well as make sense of how to source the aray of missing parts and find a guide on Par with at least Chinese quality. Pay pall claims sound fair enough to me, however I am more interested in warning others of this Sham.

...and they say their offended. :roll:

Fanplastic

Postby Fanplastic » 2013-May-Mon-02-May

One thing is for certain, people seeing this looking to buy will be put off. I know I would. Your removal of it only just goes to show why your statistics are flawed. I'll never ever buy into a forum Guide like this ever again. Again congratulations to all those gifted people out their that made it to the "elite" club on completion of building such a project. Well Deserved! As for the rest ... I agree, complain like hell and above all, pay with Pay Pall!!!!! Great Idea. In fact ... Spend the extra and go with Ultimaker! Then again ... it is also a forum Guide ... wait till someone can actually provide a workable Guide, provide the actual parts and has a "reputation" for actual communication.

Don't rely on forums to tell you the truth...if they do not reflect the views of the majority, you can bet their disgruntled post will of been removed like this on in due time.

Don't let these users fool you ... once they take your money ... your $$$$ed and will be held ransom to the reputation of others. Good luck with that. Not once Have I been contacted by sales on this matter. All else in this forum is not irrelevant other than this warning and the Ego's that will inevitably sort to defame me for the offense they feel, more so the negative impact such revelations have on those seeking to buy!

The complaints thread is locked and just a buffer ...
This defaming with negative feedback in a forum consumers are refereed to as a guide is seriously wrong! Even face book knows not to have a "Dislike" button. You have really pissed me off now! (no doubt that is the intent of many using it ... as I said ... it only inflames the situation) ... It might raise some kind of sick joy in those that are offended to know how I am feeling ... but just as I may remain offensive, I will let the truth be known weather you Ban me or not!)

A good day to you all.

Fanplastic

Postby Fanplastic » 2013-May-Mon-03-May

Got the email from Admin warning me about my "negative" posts.

I have every reason to feel this way. I received a product with missing parts, which has resulted in more cost to myself. Printrbot will have not responded to my emails and now it would appear that my speaking out will have me banned from the very forum that I have been refereed to as a guide.

I reject all claims you make against me.

PAYPAL DO NOT COVER THIS COMPANY UNDER IT'S CLAIMS SECTION

WARNING
RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!! Using paypal means squat when buying from Printrbot!!!!!!!!!

Fanplastic

Postby schmidp » 2013-May-Mon-04-May

Have you tried contacting them via twitter in a nice way?

My printrbot came with a broken printrboard and within a week they had a replacement shipped to me.

You can find my support exchange with them if you look at my tweets: twitter.com/schmidp

I still think you are overreacting, you are now trying to hurt a young company in a fast moving field.

They are in no way evil, they might be overwhelmed with support. I don't know how long you have waited for them to respond, but they are trying to build a company, which is a very hard thing todo and they will certainly make mistakes along the way.

Especially in a very young DIY field, I think a customer can be expected to be a bit more understanding and forgiving.
I also think you can expect from a customer, who orders a kit, to have a certain technical understanding and the patience to figure some things out by themselves.

Did they in anyway deny your support request?

schmidp
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby drawcut » 2013-May-Mon-19-May

Fanplastic:

Calm down.

This is a forum of users that get no special support from the Printrbot company. There are a couple of Printrbot reps that post here but for the most part the help you have gotten here has come from people's good nature and desire to help. Your posts have become abrasive and detrimental to the forum and that's no doubt why you were warned.

While here you agree to abide by the rules of this private forum.

Printrbot original. Major mods: Y axis extended to ~8", Z extended to ~8.5". 5mm SS Z threaded rods w/ flex couplings. E3D hotend. Purchased Acetel gears. Glass bed with Elmers' purple glue stick for most prints. Top of Z axis rods have added cross structure similar to a Prusia i3.
drawcut
ACME leadscrew

Postby Fanplastic » 2013-May-Mon-21-May

Don't need the lecture ... Have been PMed by the appropriate person.
I'll take there advice ... in the mean time, I suggest others take this outburst for what it is, and not personalize it any more than it need be.

Your call.

Fanplastic

Postby Hoverhead » 2013-May-Thu-07-May

Just to add a counterpoint. I received my Printrbot a week ago and did have a couple of issues with contradictory instructions in the pdf and the Assembly vid by Brook. Apart from an issue of it losing its height through the print run and some screws loosening, I am pretty happy with my purchase. I have also added some more Nylock nuts to the table height adjustment.

Hoverhead
Levelling print bed...

Postby plexus » 2013-May-Thu-16-May

Fanplastic wrote:Got the email from Admin warning me about my "negative" posts.

None of the moderators nor I, the admin, sent you a PM about your posts. I just want to set the record straight on that.

plexus
Site Admin

Postby mattjoyce » 2013-May-Sun-07-May

Just to add some balance to this thread.
I had my LC delivered to Sydney over xmas.
It arrived on time, but was missing quite a few of the strange imperial size nuts (why not go fully metric?).
I used the web form, to report the issue, and an envelope full of nuts arrived about a week later.

I was able to fully assemble the printer using the youtube videos, which I really liked the format of.

Some time later I ordered the bed leveling kit, and the wood was warped, again I used the web form and a new piece arrived the next week.

So, while I agree the quality control needs to be improved, they did resolved the issues promptly.
Overall I have a good impression of the company, and the products.

mattjoyce
Levelling print bed...

Postby holmes4 » 2013-May-Sun-08-May

I sent him a PM - and I made it clear that I was not a mod or admin. Just some friendly advice from one user to another.

Steve

Steve
PB+ Backer 1402
holmes4
Bowden extruder

Postby Fanplastic » 2013-Jun-Tue-19-Jun

Your very pushy aren't you. Move on dude. PM sent. :roll:
Edit ... that is a lie folks!
I was referring to someone else ... like plexus ... I sugest you stop right NOW!

Move on and stop harassing me! Forum rules plz!!!
Leave me alone with your pms ... response to to you ... PRIVATE ...
MOVE ON HOLMES ...

ADMIN ... I draw attention to this holmes users dragging this on.

Leave me the *&^% alone dude.
I have been co-operating elsewhere in the forum ... you don't want this tool to start on me.
Your as provocative as Hayley... and that's being kind!

Just saying is all. ;)

Fanplastic

Return to Downunder