printrboard firmware for delta printer

Code hacking talk

Postby cedoprinter123 » 2014-Jul-Sun-00-Jul

hey guys im intrested in making a delta printer yet idk where to get new firmware for it and my understanding of its calculations and geometry is very limited I only have experience with cartesian style printers like ultimakers printrbots and h bot styles. where can I get the new firm ware for the printrboard. Can the printrboard even be used dor delta styles?

cedoprinter123
Levelling print bed...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: printrboard firmware for delta printer

Postby PxT » 2014-Jul-Mon-16-Jul

Marlin has support for Delta printers built-in so you should have no problem running it on a Printrboard. Your best bet is to start with the firmware provided / recommended for the specific printer you are building. If you are designing your own printer from scratch then you need to start researching and educating yourself about how the firmware works and how to modify it.

PxT
Print complete...

Postby Bellus » 2014-Jul-Thu-03-Jul

PxT wrote:Marlin has support for Delta printers built-in so you should have no problem running it on a Printrboard. Your best bet is to start with the firmware provided / recommended for the specific printer you are building. If you are designing your own printer from scratch then you need to start researching and educating yourself about how the firmware works and how to modify it.

On the topic of becoming familiar with/ learning to modify firm ware, would you happen to have a useful reference handy. I would like to get more knowledgable on the subject. I can only find middle ground topics. I need the basics first, but everything I have found is very basic or I may just be looking in the entirely wrong place.

Thanks,

Ed

Bellus
Waiting for printbed temp...

Postby EddB » 2014-Jul-Thu-11-Jul

Start with the wiki article on full instructions how to flash the printrboard.
http://www.printrbottalk.com/wiki/index ... are_Update

Then go to the firmware repo. For the marlin firmware. Download it and study the Readme file. Then start reading all the configuration files. Everything is well commented and describes what each change would alter.
Hope that helps
Ed

https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin

That will give you the basic knowledge for altering the firmware and flashing it on the printrboard. For the specifics on firmware for a delta.... Once you have chosen a specific design, download and study the firmware the deaigner of that delta printer has created.
If the printer is running, then there is usually a copy of the modified firmware for that specific printer/settings available for download.

Complete printable 1405 Simple https://www.youmagine.com/designs/compl ... s-edition/ or thing:425164

True Wireless Slicing and Printer Cloud+Web Server w/ AstroPrint PcDuino v2

Printrbot Simple 1405 with XL bed and
Printrbot Simple 1311 Printing ABS andPLA on kapton/borosilicate glass
Printrbot XL volume / tower upgrade GT2 X Timing Belts (thing:194686) GT2 Y Timing Belt Mod (thing:194586)
Custom 320 x 230mm aluminum bed frame w/ 3 x 8mm rods
430 watt ATX power upgrade for 8.5" heat bed via SSR
EddB
ACME leadscrew

Return to Hack talk