[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Add LCD to PBot - Step by Step Guide

Add LCD to PBot - Step by Step Guide

Talk about modifications to the printer

Postby slenderman » 2012-Dec-Sun-13-Dec

Hi guys,

New to all this, and haven't even assembled my bot yet, but i thought i'd jump a few steps in the hope it can help some of you. I havent tested 100% due to incomplete bot, but i think it should work. Please test and let us know here if / what else needs doing.

What is it?
Repetier Firmware 0.71, on a stock PBoard from Printrbot (Rev. B)
20 x 4 line LCD display with click / scroll wheel
All work was done in WinXP virtual box

Things to note
I think from Rev D onwards, going into bootloader mode is reversed (i.e. jumper on instead of off)
I have not done a circuit diagram, but i think it's clear enough. If not, please refer to resources below

Edits
Added note to choose correct board before compiling

I'm stuck!
Please don't PM me, ask here. I'm a newbie, not having even assembled my bot.
Posting here will draw answers from experts and benefit all.
Read the resources noted below.

Woohoo, i did it!
Good for you! Now think if you can contribute something to help keep this community alive.
Thanks for looking!

Resources used
http://reprap.org/wiki/Printrboard
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=595
http://blog.think3dprint3d.com/2012/06/ ... depth.html
http://blog.think3dprint3d.com/2012/07/ ... board.html
http://www.repetier.com/documentation/r ... tallation/
http://blog.lincomatic.com/

and some others i didn't bookmark, thank you to all those people who made this possible!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slenderman
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Add LCD to PBot - Step by Step Guide

Postby PxT » 2013-Jan-Wed-17-Jan

Thanks for posting this, reminds me that I want to take another shot at getting my LCD working.

Meanwhile, here is a nice looking setup that reportedly works with the Printrboard:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/124 ... f=category

PxT
Print complete...

Postby Extrude3D » 2013-Jan-Sun-21-Jan

Awesome job, OP. I just ordered all the parts I need online and started the process of compiling the firmware. Will report back.

Edit: Can you show more pictures of the soldering done. I'm requesting pictures of all soldering joints done, both close up and far away. This will help me greatly.

3dpaftermarket
Extrude3D
Waiting for printbed temp...

Postby plexus » 2013-Jan-Sun-23-Jan

A couple alternate possibilities:

Panelolu
Product: http://reprap.org/wiki/Panelolu
How to: http://blog.think3dprint3d.com/2012/07/ ... board.html

Viki
Product: http://www.panucatt.com/
How to: coming

plexus
Site Admin

Postby slenderman » 2013-Jan-Thu-17-Jan

slenderman
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby Extrude3D » 2013-Jan-Sat-18-Jan

3dpaftermarket
Extrude3D
Waiting for printbed temp...

Postby Vapor » 2014-May-Thu-19-May

I think I have all the parts. Time to make this happen.

Vapor
Levelling print bed...

Return to Mod talk