Using Cura's "One at a time" function on printrbot simple

Talk about using software tools, drivers etc

Postby AnotherCastle » 2014-Apr-Thu-14-Apr

I've been using cura with my printrbot simple for about 2 months now, and only just recently discovered the "one at a time" function. I measured the size of the extruder as well as I could, being generous to avoid any close-passes. However, as I began my first one of these prints, I noticed that it begins with the one in the upper-right (Y coming out at you, X going left and right)
I realize that this makes the most sense for cura, as this function is made for the ultimaker which would be more bulky on the left side of the extruder due to the presence of a fan. However, the printrbot simple's extruder is more bulky on the right and it would make more sense to begin printing at the bottom-left, and move right through the print. However, I can't seem to find any way in cura's settings to change this order.
I'm a bit lost here, but I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible to do this. My printer is a late-2013 simple, no metal extruder.Any help would be greatly appreciated!

AnotherCastle
Loading filament...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Using Cura's "One at a time" function on printrbot simpl

Postby dmaxx67 » 2014-Jun-Mon-08-Jun

Yea I have noticed the same thing I believe it has something to do with the machine settings. I just haven't had time to play with those parameters and see if it will work properly.

dmaxx67
Layer 100 of 1234

Postby Mooselake » 2014-Jun-Tue-09-Jun

Look at page 38 in the Cura manual. It'll tell you how to adjust the printer head size. I didn't try it, so report back and let us know if that does what you wanted.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby dmaxx67 » 2014-Jun-Tue-12-Jun

Mooselake wrote:Look at page 38 in the Cura manual. It'll tell you how to adjust the printer head size. I didn't try it, so report back and let us know if that does what you wanted.

Kirk

Looked through the manual couldnt find anything I needed. Under expert settings they said there would be anothe ruser manual coming out just for that. Googled and cant find anything

dmaxx67
Layer 100 of 1234

Postby dmaxx67 » 2014-Jun-Thu-22-Jun

Alright so i figured out how to make cura allow two prints one at a time. Here are my machine settings hope this helps.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmaxx67
Layer 100 of 1234

Postby Desdemona1 » 2015-Nov-Wed-08-Nov

But how?! I mean what was measured?

I think I'd like to do something nice for somebody. I think it's good if you smile at someone, and they smile in return. Voluntary love encourages people to create a sense of friendliness.
Desdemona1
Levelling print bed...

Postby MartyS » 2015-Dec-Sun-13-Dec

I've gotten it to work pretty well, for a printer with a Y "arm" like the simple metal set the "head size towards Y max" to a large number like 300, and set the gantry height to a large number like 300. This will let it print full height stuff on the far edge of the bed first, then move in (actually higher values in Y) for the next one.

For my simple metal I use these number for the head size:

If you've got a plus that actually has a gantry over the bed then you set it up with real measurements.

Ah, I guess I didn't actually answer the question, the measurements are from the nozzle tip out to where any part of the head might hit a tall printed object. So for example on the simple metal you'd measure from the nozzle tip to the edge of the fan for X min and from the nozzle tip to the edge of the probe holder for X max.

MartyS
Honeycomb infill 25%...

Return to Software usage talk