[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - AngelScript CSG

AngelScript CSG

Talk about using software tools, drivers etc

AngelScript CSG

Postby cacb » 2016-Jan-Wed-17-Jan

Sometimes, I write software and have recently been playing with what could be described as a preprocessor to OpenSCAD, I call it AngelScript CSG, see http://arnholm.org/angelscript-csg-part-2/

OpenSCAD is really great but sometimes I find the language a bit limiting, and I really wanted something that runs and allows me to change variables and do more expressive stuff. Some time ago, I found AngelScript http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/ and I figured I could add CSG (Constructive Solid geometry) functionality to that general language.

Right now, you write some code in AngelScript CSG and "compile" it on the command line into an OpenSCAD .csg file and use OpenSCAD to create an STL. This is how it is now, it could change as I am experimenting. Today I designed an electronics box for a friend, using AngelScript CSG, and printed it with my Simple Metal:

box.png

IMG_0847.jpg

Seems to work. I will probably do some more in this area.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Printrbot Simple Metal Kit + heated bed upgrade. KISSlicer (Kubuntu/Win7), OctoPrint (wireless Raspberry Pi model B) - http://arnholm.org/
cacb
Support material...

AngelScript CSG

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: AngelScript CSG

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Jan-Wed-19-Jan

A couple years back there was a sort of similar openSCAD preprocessor, but I can't remember it's name or find it with google. Among other things it was (going to be) good for rounded and chamfered edges. Guess it died out, but does anybody remember it or what it was called?

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby cacb » 2016-Jan-Thu-01-Jan

Printrbot Simple Metal Kit + heated bed upgrade. KISSlicer (Kubuntu/Win7), OctoPrint (wireless Raspberry Pi model B) - http://arnholm.org/
cacb
Support material...

Postby cacb » 2016-Jan-Mon-14-Jan

I have been doing some more work on this. It is now much easier to use with the new GUI editor/IDE that allows script writing, simple debugging and more:
http://arnholm.org/angelscript-csg-ide/

cacb
Support material...

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Jan-Mon-16-Jan

I ignored the Windows 10 "We're all gonna die if you install this" :) error (click on more info, then run anyway), and seem to have survived. W10 Pro 64b insider preview 11102.rs1.

You posted this at the perfect time. I need to design a diamond shaped part to hold a couple screws with nut traps for my never-ending adjustable laser cutter table, followed by a stand for MT2 lathe accessories (think solid box with tapered holes in the top). We'll see how fast old moose pick up new programming things.

Kirk

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby cacb » 2016-Jan-Mon-16-Jan

cacb
Support material...

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Jan-Mon-17-Jan

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Jan-Mon-17-Jan

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Jan-Mon-18-Jan

Looks good (well, needs a few more top layers at 120mm/s), need to make it a little bigger because the corner screws don't align with the steel mesh at the same place, but that's my problem and not AngelScript's.

Kirk

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby cacb » 2016-Jan-Mon-18-Jan

cacb
Support material...

Postby cacb » 2016-Jan-Mon-18-Jan

cacb
Support material...

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Jan-Mon-18-Jan

Thanks!

I won't be able to get back to it until Wednesday afternoon or Thursday, have to work from late tomorrow morning until 6am Wednesday. We have a bridge that's undergoing maintenance every night this week and need an extra ambulance crew to cover the service area south of it - it's the only way across. I didn't look at my caller ID quick enough...

Not very good at explaining that "almost retired" doesn't mean "unlimited free time, call for everything".

Kirk

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby cacb » 2016-Jan-Tue-09-Jan

cacb
Support material...

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Feb-Mon-14-Feb

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby cacb » 2016-Feb-Mon-15-Feb

Last edited by cacb on 2016-Feb-Mon-15-Feb, edited 1 time in total.
cacb
Support material...

Postby cacb » 2016-Feb-Mon-15-Feb

cacb
Support material...

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Feb-Mon-17-Feb

Thanks! inches(n) does look cooler than n*25.4, should have caught that on.

Cone is in your list in part-2 with only one argument, didn't know you took variable length argument lists. If that works the same way as cylinder then it's exactly what I need.

The LP gas truck got stuck in the driveway, helped dig them out but I need to go out and plow off the chewed up mess. Worst part is my tank is 70% and with the wood heat it won't move much while the outdoor boiler is trying to burn up half the north woods. Not real efficient... I'll make the changes as soon as I make it back in.

Dang snow, just keeps coming, although this years 110" is a lot less than this time last year.

Kirk

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby cacb » 2016-Feb-Mon-17-Feb

cacb
Support material...

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Feb-Sat-13-Feb

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby cacb » 2016-Feb-Sat-14-Feb

cacb
Support material...

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Feb-Sat-14-Feb

Last edited by Mooselake on 2016-Feb-Sat-17-Feb, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: swap arguments to cone
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby cacb » 2016-Feb-Sat-15-Feb

cacb
Support material...

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Feb-Sat-17-Feb

Sound of hoof smacking forehead. I knew that.

I made the taper the proper length and let the hole extend above the box. The way I had it before the taper was too short so the angle would have been off. Not that it was critical, but might as well do it right.

I had an extruder jam about an hour and a half into the two and a half hour print (my first with the AMU hot end). Disassembled the extruder, burned out the nozzle and heated the barrel enough to remove the jammed filament. For good luck I took a string and some polishing compound and worked on the inside for a while. Edited the gcode and restarted the print. There's a bump where it jammed, but it should file out. Fingers crossed...

Thanks again!

Kirk

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Return to Software usage talk