Looking for info as to why

Talk about using software tools, drivers etc

Postby Willy » 2015-Aug-Thu-18-Aug

I recently upgraded my simple with the bed expansion from Matrix. I instructed the software (both repetier and cura with same results) that the bed size is 196 mm. Yet when I instruct the printer to print, it reverts to the 154 value and ignores that it should be able to traverse to 196.

Can some one tell me why this is happening?

I don't care if you're white, black, red, periwinkle, burnt umber, or chartreuse -- resisting arrest is not a right, it's a crime. And it's never a good idea. ~Mike Rowe
Willy
Waiting for extruder temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Looking for info as to why

Postby evanalmighty » 2015-Aug-Thu-19-Aug

Did you run the GCODE command M211 X196 followed by M500?

evanalmighty
Layer 650 of 1234

Postby Mach-Chris » 2015-Aug-Thu-19-Aug

To elaborate on Evans question,

Cura and repetier envelope sizes have no bearing on the software limits of your machine. They simply use that info to figure out where to position the gcode that will make the part in a specific spot on the bed. The max travels, Max speeds, accels, jerk, etc, are values that are stored on the printrboard themselves in the EEPROM settings. The settings are generally accessible through most hosts like repetier, and at least the 15.04 version of Cura via the printer control panel. There is usually a field where you can issue commands (in the form of code) and be able to see the back and forth communication from computer to printer in a terminal window. AS Evan eluded to, M211 is the setting that controls the software limits of your axis travel. Sending a command of M211 X196.09 Y196.00 will update that parameter. M500 is used to save your changes. M501 can be used to call up the current EEPROM settings as they are, an M501 after your have updated and saved your settings, should show the correctly changed values.

Visit Matrix Online!
Follow us on Twitter! @MatrixPrecision
Mach-Chris
Support material...

Postby Willy » 2015-Aug-Fri-06-Aug

Thankyou. Funny thing is I know it. Just couldnt remember why I forgot it. Old age.
I had to use the scripts feature in Repetier. Now it is fixed. Thankyou everyone.

I don't care if you're white, black, red, periwinkle, burnt umber, or chartreuse -- resisting arrest is not a right, it's a crime. And it's never a good idea. ~Mike Rowe
Willy
Waiting for extruder temp...

Return to Software usage talk