[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Cura 15.X With PBs

Cura 15.X With PBs

Talk about using software tools, drivers etc

Cura 15.X With PBs

Postby MileHigh3DII » 2015-Jul-Sat-20-Jul

Anyone using them yet? I've been a fan of the older versions of Cura, but this one has be a bit fuddled. I can understand why Brook would want low time users to use Cura- and this new version seems even easier to start up with.

-I don't see how to get a printer set up outside of the UM listed printers. Web postings talk about JSON files, but I'm not finding any my system or how to edit them.

That's my main issue right now. Being able to tweak extrusion, speed and temp as in Repetier is a feature I'd like. Dual for my PB+Dual I guess will come later?

I'd like to get a JSON file set up for the PB with out setting out on an Iliad type adventure.

MileHigh3DII
Waiting for printbed temp...

Cura 15.X With PBs

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Cura 15.X With PBs

Postby Mooselake » 2015-Jul-Mon-09-Jul

I did a quick poking around in the Cura knowledge base and came up blank, but look in the advanced settings for speeds, bed size, etc.

Repetier never let you tweak extrusion, speed, or temp since it's not a slicer. It will call slicers, and call up their configuration settings, automatically but (well, other than controlling it's gcode display, which is in a different setup menu item) never had anything to do with them directly.

Is there a printer config file for the latest version of Cura on help.printrbot.com ?

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby teicher » 2015-Jul-Mon-11-Jul

There was a post on the ultimaker forum where a user modified the json file for a deltaprinter and I think they included the filepath. You might try copying that example.

I decided it wasn't worth the hassle to use the new version at this time. There are already bugs filed for slower slicing speeds, etc. I figured it was worth waiting a little longer.

teicher
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby thawkins » 2015-Jul-Mon-12-Jul

Jonbot+
225mm x 200mm - Heated Bed
RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin 1.1.0
Full Graphic display.
-------------------------------
Zen Toolworks CNC/3d printer
230mmx360mm bed
Dual j-head hotends.
Dual heated beds.
RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin 0.98
Flashforge 3d Creator Pro
Dual Extruder
220x143x150mm
Mightyboard rev e, runnimg Sailfish 7.7r1234
Photon, self designed printed printer.
thawkins
Print winner 2nd
Print winner 2nd

Postby teicher » 2015-Jul-Mon-12-Jul

teicher
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby MileHigh3DII » 2015-Jul-Thu-16-Jul

MileHigh3DII
Waiting for printbed temp...

Postby Willy » 2015-Jul-Sun-19-Jul

Not wanting to make a new thread on Cura and Printrbot, I have a different question.

When I run Cura it plants the object in the middle. Yet when I print, for some reason the object is moved all the way to the right of the bed.

Another problem I am having is, if I move the item to another area of the bed, the printer warms up, but cura sits there at 25 and wont reflect that the temp has changed. It will only print if I dont move the item to be printed.

I don't care if you're white, black, red, periwinkle, burnt umber, or chartreuse -- resisting arrest is not a right, it's a crime. And it's never a good idea. ~Mike Rowe
Willy
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby thawkins » 2015-Jul-Sun-21-Jul

Jonbot+
225mm x 200mm - Heated Bed
RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin 1.1.0
Full Graphic display.
Zen Toolworks CNC/3d printer
230mmx360mm bed
Dual j-head hotends.
Dual heated beds.
RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin 0.98
Flashforge 3d Creator Pro
Dual Extruder
220x143x150mm
Mightyboard rev e, runnimg Sailfish 7.7r1234
Photon, self designed printed printer.
thawkins
Print winner 2nd
Print winner 2nd

Postby Willy » 2015-Jul-Mon-05-Jul

Machine Settings

Machine center 0,0 box is NOT checked. Problem still exists. Print area set at 154x154x154

I don't care if you're white, black, red, periwinkle, burnt umber, or chartreuse -- resisting arrest is not a right, it's a crime. And it's never a good idea. ~Mike Rowe
Willy
Waiting for extruder temp...

Return to Software usage talk