Cura keeps resetting itself

Talk about using software tools, drivers etc

Postby young gun » 2016-Jan-Sun-15-Jan

Hi all,

I did a quick search but didn't find anything on the topic, apologies in advance of its already been discussed.

So I've had my Printrbot Simple Metal for probably around a month now and pretty happy with its performance, we have an Ultimaker 2 at the office and it compares favorably!

The odd thing I'm having at home is Cura 15.04.3 (I think, whatever the latest version is) keeps resetting itself every time I need to relaunch it, which right now, is everytime after a print is finished because Cura will hang once the jobs done?! Everytime I relaunch, Cura will ask me what printer I'm using and go through the whole initial setup routine which frankly is getting a bit annoying now :D it sometimes retains the settings from the last print, sometimes not, it's pretty inconsistent.

I'm currently using a Gigabyte Q2005 Netbook running Windows 7 to handle Cura which bar one or 2 issues has been fine. Anybody have an idea why Cura keeps resetting itself? I use Cura at work and I've never experienced this issue.

young gun
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Cura keeps resetting itself

Postby olendorf » 2016-Jan-Sun-15-Jan

This does happen to me also. I'm running Windows 10. I've noticed that it happens if I turn off the printer while Cura is still connected to it via USB. I am now in the habit of making sure I close all the Cura windows before turning off the printer.

Cura saves its settings is in C:\Users\Scott\.cura\15.04.2\preferences.ini
If you saved a copy of preferences.ini in that directory you could just copy it back when Cura resets itself. Then restart CURA and you'll be back to normal.

olendorf
Levelling print bed...

Postby young gun » 2016-Jan-Mon-01-Jan

Weird, my problem is Cura hangs after a print so I have no choice but to crash it. I wonder if it has anything to do with the PC?

Thanks for the info btw! I'm an Apple guy, have really looked at windows since XP days :D

young gun

Postby young gun » 2016-Jan-Wed-01-Jan

So problem solved. It turned out to be either a dodgy USB Hub or a dodgy USB cable. I replaced the chain and everything works great now :)

young gun

Postby Warnerprurn » 2019-Jan-Thu-18-Jan

Hows the new Cura compared to S3D?

Has anybody tried the new Cura Cubic 3D infill? Stronger parts?

Warnerprurn

Return to Software usage talk