Repetier-Host 2.0.1

Talk about using software tools, drivers etc

Repetier-Host 2.0.1

Postby Mooselake » 2017-May-Sun-10-May

I must have missed 2.0, but for those who are still using R-H another version is out. Among other things this one includes velocity painting, putting an image on the side of objects by varying extrusion speed, which is pretty cool. I've been following vp on the usual blogs/3DP news sites for a while, and it's nice to see it become more mainstream.

R-H joined the evil empire by, gasp, wanting to have it's two full time programmers be able to eat. Unlike Cura they didn't become employees of a major 3DP manufacturer and stayed independent. The donate to me model (yes, I have, several times including today...) didn't work out for them and while the software continued to remain free it was no longer "open source" and this got the other source of income crowd all upset. Printrbot declined to become a sponsor and went elsewhere, becoming dependent on one of their competitors whims. Cura doesn't test non-Ultimachine devices, and temporarily dropped Delta support, for example. They don't actively work against other products, but don't actively support those devices taking sales away from them. Imagine that, guess they want to pay the grocery bills, too. <off soapbox>

R-H includes slic3r, Prusa's modified slic3r, Cura, and more stuff. If you haven't tried it before, you should. I've installed it (without my antlers falling off), and while the PB been taking a sabbatical it'll get a workout when the Ubis 13 HF arrives.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Repetier-Host 2.0.1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Repetier-Host 2.0.1

Postby Mooselake » 2017-May-Sun-15-May

Installed it, used the latest prusa-slic3r to slice the broken spool holder for my non-PB TBD, fired it up in HH3DP baby blue since that was on the KCSP. 90% cubic infill. Looks a bit overextruded,and almost no visible air the infill. Might be time to dig out a spool of PET-G (or maybe PCPTE) and see what that'll do.

Didn't change the speeds from the TBD's 15mm^3/sec and 120 with 40mm perimeters, then cranked the speed slider up to 120%. However the extruder's set to 5.5mm/sec in firmware (really should crank that up with autospeed) so the real speed's considerably lower because of the firmware limit - everything slows down, if necessary, to not exceed the slowest axis's limits. Wonder what it'll do with the 13HF.

Kirk

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Re: Repetier-Host 2.0.1

Postby Mooselake » 2017-May-Sun-16-May

Posted a little too quick. R-H died 31503 lines into the print. Simply killing (took a usb disconnect) and restarting it regained control of the printer. Sucked the file up in notepad, edited out the first 51 layers, and restarted. Left a visible line but it's still usable. P-S3r reworked support; it peeled off without any problems. The supported area had a few areas that could have looked better, but those might need some tuning and are also usable. Overall call it a B.

Kirk

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Return to Software usage talk