Parts and Vendors 6.0 EX

Talk about using software tools, drivers etc

Parts and Vendors 6.0 EX

Postby analogalex » 2017-Mar-Wed-09-Mar

Parts and Vendors 6.0 EX

Hello All,

I was wondering if there was anyone out there with access to an old PV6 license? I have a large .mdb file that was created many years ago and i need to access it to convert it across to some new software. As PV is no longer used. I need an EX license to quicky make a change to a few parts.

Does anyone have one that they might want to sell / give up?

Thanks
Alex

analogalex
Waiting to connect to printer...

Parts and Vendors 6.0 EX

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Parts and Vendors 6.0 EX

Postby Mooselake » 2017-Mar-Wed-17-Mar

Why are you asking about Trilogy's Parts and Vendors list manager in a 3D printer forum? According to Trilogy's site it's a current version so there shouldn't be a problem getting a legal license.

Sure looks like spam; prove me wrong.

Kirk

Edit: while their support documents talk about PV6 being a current version they essentially abandoned it in 2014 and say no new licenses are available, however existing licenses will continue to work. Still, this is a pretty weird place to ask about it. I see you're checking back, which reduces the chance this was a drive-by spam probe, but still. On the off chance somebody here knows something about this please comment.

You should be able to read an mdb database with M$ Access, and likely there's lots of conversion tools to other formats that won't involve tracking down an a license for obscure abandonware.

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby analogalex » 2017-Mar-Wed-19-Mar

Hi,

This is not spam and i'm asking a question as there was alot of people on this forum asking PV Questions. I cannot seem to locate a Parts and Vendors forum..

Sorry about this?

analogalex
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby Mooselake » 2017-Mar-Thu-10-Mar

No mention here of PV6, one to PV but it was for polyvinyl acetate, and the only hits on parts and vendors were discussions of 3D printer parts and vendors.

Good Luck finding an answer to your problem; I'd guess your best bet is to either use MS Access or convert it it another database format and dig out what you need that way.

Part of my career was dealing with orphan software products, including a long stint as a consultant patching together a PCB job shop system that ran on Pick (my main employer was having money trouble and missing paychecks, needed a side job). A local shop had bought it from a dealer who'd modified it so much the original vendor wouldn't touch it. I'd never heard of Pick before (the "post relational database" written by a guy named Dick Pick), but both the product and company were, well, interesting. Kept the sheep in feed for a couple years until they finally replaced it (after I left they threw a $100K Tricord server at it, limped along another couple years) with a newer completely non-Pick system. They're still in business and doing well, talk to them occasionally, but I have no idea what they're using. 32 interactive users (on 9600bps serial ports) in 640K (8MB, but the extra was only used for a disk cache) on a 486 with ESDI disks, and good response. BTW I'm retired...

I'll leave the topic; I'd like to know how it works out for you. Been there, done that, got the tire tread marks.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Return to Software usage talk