curaengine /repitier

Troubleshooting talk for software

curaengine /repitier

Postby broda » 2015-May-Sat-05-May

Ive been using repetier host v1.0.6 along with slic3r. Moving the part to any position on the bed then slicing works fine and the print is shown to be there and prints in that position. Lately i have switched to curaengine in repetier as the print is comming out slightly better howeverwhen i move the part to a position on the bed and slice it .It shows on the object placement that it is there but on the slicer preview it is in the middle. It also then prints in the middle. I must be missing a tick box some where but cant figure why cura wont let me print anywhere even though the object placement is different. This happens on all prints.

broda
Waiting to connect to printer...

curaengine /repitier

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: curaengine /repitier

Postby frankv » 2015-May-Sun-00-May

Just use Cura itself to generate the G-code file, then switch to Repetier to load it to the printer.

But I am kinda curious why you care where the object is printed.

frankv
First blob a success!

Re: curaengine /repitier

Postby Mooselake » 2015-May-Sun-10-May

Do you have the same bed size set in both Cura and Repetier-Host? Like Frank said, are you setting up Cura, but then loading stl files into Repetier-Host and letting the auto-magic slicing try to make it work? That's good for making getting started easier, but as soon as you try to do something beyond simple basics it falls apart pretty fast. Lots of discussion about that buried away here, has been for years.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Return to Troubleshooting talk