Solid infill flow multiplier? - SOLVED

Troubleshooting talk for software

Postby disback » 2014-Apr-Thu-17-Apr

Hey there guys! Is there a way to specify a different flow rate for solid infill? I just now realized that for the past year, the reason all of my calibration prints were screwy on the very top parts was not because the material had inadequate cooling time, but was instead extruding too much material during the solid infill portion of the test! I there a way to change the flow rate for solid infill sections only? I tried changing the parameters for extrusion width for the solid infill sections, but it provided no noticeable change. I haven't tried it, but could I potentially change the extrusion width to a diameter larger than the nozzle size to create narrow gaps during solid infill? When left, as is, material will build up and be pushed around during the print. This is on a very small scale and doesn't affect large prints much, but small ones suffer visible bulging in small areas.

Last edited by disback on 2014-May-Fri-18-May, edited 1 time in total.
Los Angeles, CA

System Details: Printrbot LC V1.0
*GT2 Pulleys/Polychain
*Glass print bed
*ACME Threaded Z-axis
*Other shenanigans
disback
Waiting for printbed temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Solid infill flow multiplier?

Postby disback » 2014-May-Fri-18-May

So nobody replied to this, but I did try changing the extrusion width to a larger diameter than the actual nozzle, and the result was actually pretty effective. My solid infills are now slightly stripey, but I'm not getting gushing at the seams anymore. And since they are inside, it doesn't matter how they look. My top solid infills are beautiful and crazy smooth, so those settings will be left where they are :D

Los Angeles, CA

System Details: Printrbot LC V1.0
*GT2 Pulleys/Polychain
*Glass print bed
*ACME Threaded Z-axis
*Other shenanigans
disback
Waiting for printbed temp...

Re: Solid infill flow multiplier? - SOLVED

Postby kureshii » 2015-Jan-Sat-06-Jan

I increased the infill speed and it seems to make it thinner. You could try playing with that setting and see if it makes any difference?

I’m playing around with the extrusion width settings [under Advanced Settings], will report back if it helps.

[Edit] default settings for 0.4mm tip seem to be 0.42mm for solid infills (from the gcode). I reduced that to 0.4mm, it does look slightly neater but still not yet perfect.

kureshii
Waiting to connect to printer...

Return to Troubleshooting talk