[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Can't get Marlin-Unified v2 to compile with Arduino 0022

Can't get Marlin-Unified v2 to compile with Arduino 0022

Troubleshooting talk for software

Postby jeromedayton » 2014-Feb-Mon-16-Feb

Jerome
Retired Software Developer
Printrbot Simple operational since Xmas 2013
Printrbot Jr v 2 with alu extruder March 2014
jeromedayton
Waiting for extruder temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Can't get Marlin-Unified v2 to compile with Arduino 0022

Postby PxT » 2014-Feb-Mon-19-Feb

PxT
Print complete...

Postby jeromedayton » 2014-Feb-Mon-20-Feb

Jerome
jeromedayton

Postby jeromedayton » 2014-Feb-Mon-21-Feb

One mystery solved. Apparently the Marlin.pde file IS the makefile that Arduino uses and any attempt to open the actual Makefile in that directory redirects you to this file.

Jerome
jeromedayton

Postby RetireeJay » 2014-Feb-Mon-21-Feb

Yeah, when I went searching for the software identification string that prints out when Repetier connects, I had to search file by file, using the Control-Alt-arrow key combination to move between files. When I finally found it, I discovered that there was no way to know WHAT file I was looking at! The list of tabs across the top had been used up and there was no tab highlighted. And there is no standardization within the files to say what the name of the file is on the first line.

But with enough sleuthing, I finally figured out it's in "Language.h" :)

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
"My next printer is..." Prusa i3 MK3, upgraded to MK3S
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Postby PxT » 2014-Feb-Tue-01-Feb

PxT
Print complete...

Postby jeromedayton » 2014-Feb-Tue-14-Feb

Woohoo success. I followed all of RetireeJay's directions for "How to install the 1.05 Arduino in Four Steps", restarted Arduino, selected Tools / Boards / "[usbtinyisp]Teensylu/Printrboard", selected Verify and it successfully compiled. I hadn't seen that choice for boards before and when I had compiled before, it always prompted me to set the board selection to "Teensys++ 2.0". So RJ you should add this to the firmware directions.

Now to see if I can get Eclipse to successfully load the project.

Jerome
jeromedayton

Postby RetireeJay » 2014-Feb-Tue-16-Feb

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
"My next printer is..." Prusa i3 MK3, upgraded to MK3S
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Postby jeromedayton » 2014-Feb-Tue-16-Feb

Jerome
jeromedayton

Postby PxT » 2014-Feb-Tue-19-Feb

What you're asking is non-trivial to accomplish but you can read here for a starting point: http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Eclipse

PxT
Print complete...

Postby jeromedayton » 2014-Feb-Tue-20-Feb

PxT-

Thanks for the pointer. The plugin adds two things, one of which is needed. First it allows for an "Upload to Target Device" from the menu, which we can't use since we have to use Flip. But it DOES add the Arduino tool chain which we need to create an executable.

However it still needs the Makefile in the

https://github.com/Printrbot/Marlin/rel ... unified-v2

release to actually build with the command line Arduino toolset, which it doesn't do at present.

But I now have enough of Eclipse working that I can actually wander around the code and see stuff. I just can't compile. I'll have to make any changes I want in Eclipse and then go back to the Arduino IDE to actually get a flashable executable.

My motivation for this is my Printrbot Simple has been in-operable for almost 3 weeks now, with the dreaded: "Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !" message and I can find no good cause for it. So I'm about to add some debug messages to that section of the code so I can see more precisely what is going on.

Jerome
jeromedayton

Postby PxT » 2014-Feb-Wed-14-Feb

It looks like the Makefile needs a couple of tweaks to work correctly with the at90usb1286 / Teensy chip variants that the Printrbot code is configured for.

Try this Makefile: https://gist.github.com/PxT/4b9c9809407 ... a/Makefile
Modify the ARDUINO_INSTALL_DIR and AVR_TOOLS_PATH variables to match your setup, then see if you can run make.

That one works for me with Arduino 1.05 and the default Printrbot fork of Marlin. Please let me know if it works and I will see about getting the change merged back to the Printrbot-official source tree.

PxT
Print complete...

Postby jeromedayton » 2014-Feb-Wed-15-Feb

Jerome
jeromedayton

Postby jeromedayton » 2014-Feb-Wed-15-Feb