Does Repetier V2.0.1 still support @pause ? [SOLVED]

Troubleshooting talk for software

Postby RetireeJay » 2018-Mar-Thu-11-Mar

I've used the @pause command in Repetier Host quite successfully in the past, but today it didn't seem to work. I'm probably on a more recent version of Repetier than the one I was using the last time it worked. Does anyone know if Repetier Host V2.0.1 dropped support for the command?

I realized part way through a print that my filament was going to run out, and I needed to swap in a new spool. While the print was running, I used the Editor within Repetier to add an @pause command right at the layer change, several layers ahead of where the print was currently printing, but Repetier just blew by the @pause without stopping!
Code: Select all
G1 X28.228 Y145.866 E43.54158 ; infill
G1 E43.24158 F30000.00000 ; retract
G92 E0 ; reset extrusion distance
@pause  my pause
G1 Z55.225 F6000.000 ; move to next layer (220)
G1 X27.552 Y143.407 F6000.000 ; move to first perimeter point
G1 E0.30000 F30000.00000 ; unretract

BTW, I was successful in just pushing in the new filament behind the tail end of the old filament, so the extruder never missed a beat.

EDIT: Repetier does implement the @pause command, but apparently only if the command is present in the G-code file before starting the print. If you try to edit the G-code file while the print is executing, it seems to ignore the command.

EDIT 2: Official answer from Repetier: Yes, when you start a print, Repetier actually copies from the editable version into another internal file that it uses for printing. Changes to the editable version made DURING a print are therefore ignored. Only the UI "Pause" button will work in that case.

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
"My next printer is..." Prusa i3 MK3
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Troubleshooting talk