*Solved*Play fans issues

Need help troubleshooting hardware issues... talk here

*Solved*Play fans issues

Postby Greekone79 » 2017-Feb-Sun-17-Feb

Hello all. I recently had to replace my printrboard which was a F5 board with one main fan connector and the other fan being connected to a isp pin and pos on the hot end
if I remember correctly. I bought the newer F6 board which has two fan connectors, and the ubis/hot end cooler fan works like it should cutting on at 50C. The lower fan(print cooling fan) doesn't work anymore. I did not replace any fans when i did the board upgrade. I haven't changed my g code. Sending m106/107 commands does nothing also.
I use to be able to go into cura and set what height I wanted the print cooling fan to cut on in mm. but it does nothing now. Any help would be awesome. The board is 3 months old and sat in the package for a month till my new psu arrived. I hope the board fan connector is not bad. As i have switched fans around and the bottom will cut on at 50C. The bottom fan also spins up upon switch psu on. hmmmmmm.

Side note my bed while doing it's corner/homing thing makes a two step in the back left corner. Starts there then moves about 6-10mm then homes head back down then continues. another Hmmmmmm...

Ladies and gents, Thanks for any help in advance! You guys rock up in here!!!!
If any info from machine is need like code,profile ect let me know ;)

Last edited by Greekone79 on 2017-Feb-Sun-22-Feb, edited 1 time in total.
Greekone79
Waiting to connect to printer...

*Solved*Play fans issues

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Play fans issues

Postby RetireeJay » 2017-Feb-Sun-18-Feb

Did you try reversing the way the print fan is plugged in? Most of these little fans are DC, which means polarity matters. And most of them have an internal diode so nothing at all happens if the applied voltage is backwards.

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Re: Play fans issues

Postby Greekone79 » 2017-Feb-Sun-20-Feb

All is fixed with the new play-0.6.hex. Thanks!!!.
Except for the double homing in back left corner.

Greekone79
Waiting to connect to printer...

Return to Troubleshooting talk