Rev F6 Board and motor grinding

Need help troubleshooting hardware issues... talk here

Postby Meph » 2016-Nov-Thu-11-Nov

My microusb connector broke off my Simple Metal. The pads had lifted a little and I had no luck fixing it so I just bought a new one. THe new board is a Rev F6 with the full size USB connector. I installed it this morning and now I am having issues. You can see in the video below that during the bed leveling when it moves to the front left corner of the bed it moves all the way to the front and grinds as it pushes too far forward. Then the Zaxis shakes as it lifts the extruder. Then it moves forward fine a couple steps and lowers. The rest of the bed leveling goes fine.

I setup a test print with it centered on the bed. Instead if moved all the way forward, grinding as it tried and then began printing right on the front edge of the bed. I am printing with Simplify3D. I tried to go back to Cura and try that but now with the new USB, Cura won't recognize the printer on my desktop or my laptop. Any suggestions where I should start?

https://youtu.be/2EsQFDY4EZI

Meph
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Rev F6 Board and motor grinding

Postby RetireeJay » 2016-Nov-Thu-12-Nov

Where did you get the board? If you got it from Printrbot, they should have configured it correctly for your printer.

The bed dimensions are probably available to you in EEPROM and can be changed. For setting your bed size and probing locations there are several threads in this forum. For one example of many, see viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11191#p71893

As to loss of communication, it's possible that your new board maps to a different COM port address than the old one. You can easily find out the correct address in Device Manager, and then set Cura or Repetier to use that address.

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Postby Meph » 2016-Nov-Thu-16-Nov

I bought the board right from Printrbot. I can't link it due to being a new user. Is the Rev F6 USB B

Meph

Postby Meph » 2016-Nov-Thu-16-Nov

Thank you RetireeJay. I just assumed it was configured correctly. When you mentioned that I decided to look for myself. That board had M212 X/Y/Z all set to 250. Set them all to 150 and we are back in business. Not to test some prints and see where we are at.

Meph

Return to Troubleshooting talk