Go large 2nd extruder not extruding

Need help troubleshooting hardware issues... talk here

Postby waldoz » 2016-Nov-Fri-10-Nov

So after a lot of trouble shooting and going back and forth with printout support , they suggested that the board was fried. So we have been using this thing for like 2 yrs. Anyways make long story short they don't make the F4 any more so they found some F5 in the WH we bought both so we would have an extra. They also said they flashed them for me so it would be plug n play. Plugged everything back in comp see the board homes all ax and good to go. set my z height ext. The steps were not right no big deal fixed that. The volts were changed too but not worried about that now. So now to the problem I select 2nd ext in cura hot end heats up and I go to manually extrude the 1st ext goes. So I thought maybe I swapped the wires wrong on both hot ends. Swapped them back and I had them correct in the first place. I also have the cura plug in set up working 0 is first ext 1 is second. I know I have it right because when I do 0 the first hot end heats up and 1 the second one heats up. So this is what is messed up. If I select either 0 or 1 the first ext goes no matter if I select 1. I plugged everything I think in the correct spot. I only disconnected the ribbon from the main board and did not disconnect any wires from the ribbon board. I am out of ideas.
Thanks for any ideas of what to look for. Also I put the jumper pin in the same spot as my old RV f4 board.

Go Large V2 you have one?
waldoz
Loading filament...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Troubleshooting talk