1405 Tweaking Calibration, and Zero Points in Repetier

Postby DBrown » 2014-Jul-Thu-12-Jul

So I'm using a 1405 Rev D with the latest firmware, and everything seems to be perfectly fine. Now that I can print without issue, I wanted to do some additional tweaking to make it perfect.

I was in Repetier 0.95F trying to determine my maximum travel for the X and Y, so that it wouldn't ever go too far again (When going away from home). The only issue is that after homing the X and Y, going the direction away from the endstop is considered negative to repetier. So to even move away from home, I have to use manual mode to move it towards the endstop (of course doesn't move because of the stop), and then move the other way to compensate for the amount it thinks it has moved. Anyways, what is going on? Can it be set to go the other direction? I'm wanting to be able to move away from the stop, so that I can measure the travel range, and then update my max. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening this way? If I switch the motor homing would travel away from the end stop, so that's not an option, right?

Also, I was wanting Repetier to move to the zero position when I finished or killed a job, but even with the options set in the printer settings, it does not move at all after any job. Does this need to be set in the gcode explicitly? Could this be something related to my other issue?

Overall, the printer it working great, and prints are coming out very nice. I simply want to finish the settings to make it perfect. Sorry for the noob questions, and thanks in advance! :D

Proud owner of a 1405. No upgrades or mods, yet.
DBrown
Loading filament...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 1405 Tweaking Calibration, and Zero Points in Repetier

Postby DBrown » 2014-Jul-Thu-19-Jul

So I guess the Y-axis issue is a common issue with the 1405 using the metal firmware that is recommended on the 1405 support page. I used some else's workaround by changing the Y axis from Min to Max in Repetier. I was then able to work out the total travel distance, changed the settings accordingly in Repetier, and in the M211 setting.

Proud owner of a 1405. No upgrades or mods, yet.
DBrown
Loading filament...

Return to Simple talk (software)