Ok, I give up! NoSag Simple!

Postby Vapor » 2015-Jun-Fri-09-Jun

I really have no idea what version of the simple I have. I WANT to say that its a 1403, but I have no idea when they changed or why. It came assembled with a aluminum extruder, but no Z probe. I bought it in the spring of 2014.

Anyhow, I'm wanting to do Jon's no sag Y upgrade. I had evan print out the y plate for the 1405, but apparently that's not what I have. Did the Z rod spacing change at some point? My Z rods are a few mm too narrow to fit the parts in the 1405 thingi.

Is there a version out there that is for my version? If so, can someone point me to it?

I want to believe this is it

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:242185/#files

But I want to be very sure before I start with it again. Can anyone give me some help! I've stared at it enough that I've gone blind.

Thanks

Vapor
Levelling print bed...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ok, I give up! NoSag Simple!

Postby evanalmighty » 2015-Jun-Fri-09-Jun

You have the 1405. I think the one I printed for you is the 1405 Maker which is 10mm wider between the Z linear rods. Find Jon's older Y plate and I'll reprint it for you.

evanalmighty
Layer 650 of 1234

Postby Vapor » 2015-Jun-Fri-10-Jun

I wonder why they made a change so late in the game? They had to have known they were coming out with the metal simple by then. Why not leave things standardized?

I don't know...... what a PITA!

Vapor
Levelling print bed...

Postby Vapor » 2015-Jun-Sat-17-Jun

Does anyone know what file I need to use? The one I linked to looks nothing like the other one?

Vapor
Levelling print bed...

Postby Gozer » 2015-Jul-Fri-06-Jul

Vapor, I have got the exact same printer as you, it was called Printrbot Simple 2014 until it was relabelled the Simple 1401, after the year and month it was released.

The 1401 and 1405 differs in the spacing of the Z rods, that's why you can't use the 1405 upgrade directly.

I took exactly the same upgrade path with my printer last year, bought a sensor from eBay, changed the location of the Y end stop and installed the latest firmware from Git Hub.

The file you want to use is ExtendYPlateRevC.STL from the "No-Sag" you linked to.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:242185/#files

Then you can use the other parts from the newer "1405 No-Sag". They are interchangeable.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:372467

Printrbot Simple/Jonbot:
200x200 Mk3 heated bed
Fully printed + Tower stabilization
E3Dv6 Direct Drive hot end
Gozer
Loading filament...

Return to Simple talk (hardware)