Fan Question

Fan Question

Postby donde » 2014-Jul-Fri-21-Jul

I have the Simple 2014 with Upgrade Kit. The Hex file I'm using is Marlin.Simple.Inductive.V3.hex
This combination has been up about a week and prints fine. However, I now notice the fan doesn't start till about 2 layers before the
the end of the print. And it runs at 100%. speed. I don't think this is right. Before the Update I used the default Hex file of the Simple.
The fan would be off for a few layers and then come on at low percentage and then go faster as the print progressed. This seemed correct.
And near the end of the print it would be at 100%.

donde
I'm an end stop.

Fan Question

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Fan Question

Postby Defy » 2014-Jul-Sat-08-Jul

Weird i wouldn't think that was a firmware thing. Maybe some other folks will chime in.

I have mine worked out were basically i run both of my fans at 80 percent all the time for pla and for abs i only run the extruder fan.

I am running the simple metal hex's on all my bots

Defy
Printing skirt...

Postby donde » 2014-Jul-Sat-08-Jul

I see, so you don't use auto cooling in slic3r at all. And set the fan speed manually. Why is that? I guess maybe for ABS.
I thought most use auto cooling. Where is your other fan mounted? I have just one through a shroud pointing at the bed.
Do you have a bed heater?

donde
I'm an end stop.

Postby Defy » 2014-Jul-Sat-13-Jul

I dont know if its better to use the auto cooling or not but the 80% trick on pla works for me ymmv.

I have a heat bed on one of my bots but i only use that for abs. Haven't found the right pla printing temps to get good results on a heat bed. Painters tape and aquanet works great for me.

I have the other fan on the extruder because i was getting alot of clogging and jams.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405188662.308635.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Defy
Printing skirt...

Postby AmazingSpanoMan » 2014-Jul-Thu-11-Jul

Defy, Which Heat plate are you using on the 1405 simple? I'm assuming that's the extended aluminum plate you can buy off of the Printrbot store with longer belt and rods. Do you have it plugged in to the printrboard or are you running power to it a different way?

AmazingSpanoMan
Waiting for printbed temp...

Return to Simple talk (hardware)