[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - G2 board: how to set the nozzle offset (M212 thing) [SOLVED]

G2 board: how to set the nozzle offset (M212 thing) [SOLVED]

Postby Barafu Albino » 2017-Apr-Tue-17-Apr

Subj. How to set the Z difference between the probe and the nozzle? G2 does not support M212 and fiddling with G5X commands seems to break tram calculations. Who has it working, please explain me.

Last edited by Barafu Albino on 2017-Apr-Thu-10-Apr, edited 1 time in total.
Barafu Albino
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: G2 board: how to set the nozzle offset (M212 thing)

Postby Barafu Albino » 2017-Apr-Thu-10-Apr

Barafu Albino

Re: G2 board: how to set the nozzle offset (M212 thing) [SOL

Postby Mooselake » 2017-Apr-Thu-10-Apr

Cool! TinyG includes workspace support, glad to see they carried it along instead of the z offset kludge.

Workspaces, you say? If you care, Google and the reference section of LinuxCNC.com are a good starting point. Workspaces (more than one at a time are possible) are often used to set zero at the top of the workpiece, the chunk of whatever you're about to attack with spinny sharp cutting tools. Gosh, we're getting closer to real g code

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Re: G2 board: how to set the nozzle offset (M212 thing) [SOL

Postby Barafu Albino » 2017-Apr-Thu-18-Apr

I know about this stuff. The problem was that I tried to use G28.3 or G10 or G92 instead, and while all of them did shift coordinates system, all of them also cancelled out the tram compensation. The M100.1 ({g55z:-0.8}); G55 is the only working way for now that I am aware of.

Barafu Albino

Return to Simple talk (hardware)