F6 Board availability

F6 Board availability

Postby tdetwiler3 » 2017-Jan-Sun-14-Jan

Does anyone know when F6 boards will be available from the Printrbot Store. They have been out of stock for at least 6 weeks as of 1/15/17.
Has anyone re soldered the micro USB connector back onto the board after it broke off? How did you do it?
Is there any alternative to the Printrbot made board?

tdetwiler3
Waiting to connect to printer...

F6 Board availability

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: F6 Board availability

Postby Mooselake » 2017-Jan-Sun-18-Jan

If you can find a cell phone repair shop that's a routine fix on those disposable ultra-expensive smarty gadgets.

Mine came off a couple years ago, and I sent it off to a friend who'd offered to fix it. Still works; I've got the original Kickstarter Printrboard.

If they ever come back into stock and you get a replacement forget about the MicroUSB version and get the much more rugged USB-B connector version. Better (maybe) yet Brook said on G+ that the new TinyG2 32 bit board will have an adapter for we old-timers ("they didn't forget about us"), although he punted on the pricing question, and supposedly it won't be cloudy. The real TinyG2 (wonder if they kicked any $$ back to Syntheos) uses gcode, so if they didn't mangle it too much all the usual culprits (slic3r, KisSlicer, S3D, Cura, Craftware, etc) should continue to work. Waiting for the pioneers to get the arrows in their backs testing it.

There's a Cohesion3D smoothieware based Mini (think I called it Coherent3D in another post, whoops) sitting next to the laser cutter, which also can be used for 3D printing (4 drivers, mosfets, etc). No plans for that here, but it's getting good comments on G+. That's a bit more bleeding edge than a Printrboard but potentially more rewarding. A direct comparison with the supposedly soon to ship 32 bit Printrboard would be really interesting.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby musk » 2017-Jan-Mon-13-Jan

The F6 with microUSB connector is in stock if you select the "play" machine. The board is identical, they've just preset the EEPROM to the Play's dimensions. Jump on that one and reset the dimensions yourself.

Printrbot Metal Plus (2x)
Printrbot Simple Metal (2x)
musk
Solid infill...

Postby tdetwiler3 » 2017-Jan-Thu-09-Jan

F6 boards with USB B connector are now in stock, Jan 19, 2017.

tdetwiler3
Waiting to connect to printer...

Return to Simple talk (hardware)