E3D V6 /Lite6 vs. Ubis13s

Postby willsully1 » 2017-Mar-Fri-22-Mar

I am upgrading my hot end from the old ceramic Ubis on my Printrbot Simple Metal, and I am having a hard time deciding which hot end to choose. I was leaning towards the E3D V6, but it is not "plug and play" like the ubis. I was also considering the lite6, but could not find anyone who connected it to a simple. I was wondering what your opinions were, and thanks for any opinions/thoughts!

willsully1
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: E3D V6 /Lite6 vs. Ubis13s

Postby PxT » 2017-Mar-Sun-23-Mar

I have an E3Dv6 on my Simple Metal and it is great. You do have to futz with making an adapter so that the overall length is right but other than that no regrets whatsoever.

PxT
Print complete...

Re: E3D V6 /Lite6 vs. Ubis13s

Postby blort » 2017-Mar-Sun-17-Mar

if you want to have accurate temps and not have to flash firmware, you would need to transplant your thermistor over from the last ubis hot end you have on hand.

there's also an adapter/lock plate you would want to use along with the spacer to reliably hold the hot end in place. as for lite vs v6 full, they are geometrically the same for fitment. the lite is lower max temp, and lower cost, but uses the same ecosystem of parts (heatblock, nozzles, thermistor, fan shrouds).

blort
Levelling print bed...

Return to Simple talk (hardware)